What's new

PIF: baum.be puck in bowl

I'm in. Always down to try some a new soap. For sensitive skin...my goto has been to not shave everyday. Shaving everyday seems to irritate my skin a lot . Another thing that seems to help is Pacific Shaving Caffeinated Aftershave balm. I use it almost everytime after I shave. Also using the Gillette tech seems to help as well.

Definitely yes, I'm in. There are times when a mild shave is called for. Body Shop Macca Root cream always leaves my face feeling soft. Of course I'd pair that with a very mild razor, my go-to there is a Silver Star 3 piece razor.

I'm in. The only "sensitive" specific product I have is Balea Sensitive Shave Cream, which I have to say doesn't work great for me (so I only use it for shaving the back of my neck on the weekend, which the skin there for me has basically no nerve endings or so it seems, because I can't feel anything there) and I wrote a review on in the cream section.
In terms of non-sensitive specific products that always leave my skin feeling super nice, I will go with Vicco Turmeric cream, partly because yes, it does make my skin feel amazing, but also because I doubt anyone else would say it here.

I'm in and thank you for your generosity. Mine fav is Proraso white because it just works and doesn't break the bank.

Excellent idea. My name can be removed from the running. My skin is definitely not sensitive, in any sense of the word.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I dig where you are coming from. My question to you though is this, do you need to have sensitive skin to like on this stuff? To like on a soap that's gentle? Moreover, you ever have one of those days or weeks where your face is raw but you have to be cleanly shaven all the same? Because that's where this stuff shines! I try to keep some on hand all the time for those reasons alone. But seriously, if not, i get where you are coming from and admire your sentiment.

I dig where you are coming from. My question to you though is this, do you need to have sensitive skin to like on this stuff? To like on a soap that's gentle? Moreover, you ever have one of those days or weeks where your face is raw but you have to be cleanly shaven all the same? Because that's where this stuff shines! I try to keep some on hand all the time for those reasons alone. But seriously, if not, i get where you are coming from and admire your sentiment.
Nope, definitely do not. I certainly do you think it is wrong for those who don't have sensitive ski to be in the running. However, I am fine bowing out of this one.

My general requirements for shave soaps is good performance and scent.

Nope, definitely do not. I certainly do you think it is wrong for those who don't have sensitive ski to be in the running. However, I am fine bowing out of this one.

My general requirements for shave soaps is good performance and scent.

You know what... you're right! I'm out too.

I dig where you are coming from. My question to you though is this, do you need to have sensitive skin to like on this stuff? To like on a soap that's gentle?
No. Not at all. I use almond milk instead of regular milk but I'm not lactose intolerant. I just prefer the flavor. Very few soaps don't seem gentle to my face.

Moreover, you ever have one of those days or weeks where your face is raw but you have to be cleanly shaven all the same? Because that's where this stuff shines! I try to keep some on hand all the time for those reasons alone. But seriously, if not, i get where you are coming from and admire your sentiment.

I did get brush burn on my face because of a brush pass-around when I test face lathered around ten synthetic brushes one evening after doing two, three pass shaves earlier that day, but two three pass shaves a day don't cause discomfort. Chasing a BBS causes mild irritation that resolves itself by the next morning. Even blistering sunburn is a mild discomfort(slapping hurts, skin is tight, clothing scratches, touching doesn't hurt) that is resolved in 24 hours.

On a scale of 1 to 10, my skin is NOT sensitive. :)

I've also have been the recipient of several PIFs, much of which I've re-PIF, though mostly at get-togethers.

I wasn't trying to discourage others, just complimenting the OP and bowing out myself.

No. Not at all. I use almond milk instead of regular milk but I'm not lactose intolerant. I just prefer the flavor. Very few soaps don't seem gentle to my face.

I did get brush burn on my face because of a brush pass-around when I test face lathered around ten synthetic brushes one evening after doing two, three pass shaves earlier that day, but two three pass shaves a day don't cause discomfort. Chasing a BBS causes mild irritation that resolves itself by the next morning. Even blistering sunburn is a mild discomfort(slapping hurts, skin is tight, clothing scratches, touching doesn't hurt) that is resolved in 24 hours.

On a scale of 1 to 10, my skin is NOT sensitive. :)

I've also have been the recipient of several PIFs, much of which I've re-PIF, though mostly at get-togethers.

I wasn't trying to discourage others, just complimenting the OP and bowing out myself.
Works for me!

Top Bottom