What's new

Feather Mk3 Kai cartridge razors

im curious on people’s experience with these Japanese MK3 cartridge razors and Kai cartridge razors? we all know Feather makes some sharp blades and Kai makes smooth blades as well as sharp. I was wondering how they stack up against a 3 blade or 5 blade Gillette ?

Which specific carts are you interested in? The KII Neo? The recently discontinued MR3, the Samrai Edge/F3, the Kai5?

The recently discontinued MR3

Darn, that's news to me. Is it just the handles or are they stopping production on the MR3 carts? I have a couple left but was hoping to pick up some more eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which specific carts are you interested in? The KII Neo? The recently discontinued MR3, the Samrai Edge/F3, the Kai5?
I just ordered the Mr3 , looked at The samurai edge but could not figure out the difference between the two. I guess if you have experience with them, all ?

Darn, that's news to me. Is it just the handles or are they stopping production on the MR3 carts? I have a couple left but was hoping to pick up some more eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe it is both, there were two different types of handles. I believe this is why the Samrai Edge was rebranded as the K3.

At first I thought this was about those really cool Kai (I think they are) 'disposable' razors that are made of metal and look like a throw away injector. They also make the same razor and blade but in a long kamisori style disposable. Yup, thats right.... Disposable Japanese style straight.

At first I thought this was about those really cool Kai (I think they are) 'disposable' razors that are made of metal and look like a throw away injector. They also make the same razor and blade but in a long kamisori style disposable. Yup, thats right.... Disposable Japanese style straight.
For eyebrows?

I have a pack of these, not sure if I would use them as a straight razor?

You can use them for whatever you like of course but their intended purpose is as a disposable straight razor for travel or as an alternative to a shavette. Not saying it's better, worse, effective, or practical... But that's what it's for.

Top Bottom