What's new

What is the best cartridge razor?

yes i know it perfectly. But i forgot to add.... ok it's a very mild shaver that INTENTIONALLY doesn't give a bbs to avoid irritation... But then at 20 euros for a pack of 4 what's the point since i have 40 feathers for 10 euros and a muhle of much better quality? I was thinking about value for money...
Well then, why give your input on a thread asking for best cartridge razors all together if it doesn’t actually provide the OP an answer to his question?

Well then, why give your input on a thread asking for best cartridge razors all together if it doesn’t actually provide the OP an answer to his question?
i don't know why you want to fight but i actually put my choice of "best cartridge razors": hydro 5 sense and DSC (see prevoius posts).
The answer to skinguard was another matter but it's been posting here. The fact you take it personally shows you're obviously a gillette/skinguard fan and so you get "offended" by the obvious: that it's a mediocre shaver.

i don't know why you want to fight but i actually put my choice of "best cartridge razors": hydro 5 sense and DSC (see prevoius posts).
The answer to skinguard was another matter but it's been posting here. The fact you take it personally shows you're obviously a gillette/skinguard fan and so you get "offended" by the obvious: that it's a mediocre shaver.
Nope , but nice try. I’m just stating you’re comparing apples to oranges man. Even with the DE to cart when comparing cost. I don’t want their to be an unfair bias is all.

Nope , but nice try. I’m just stating you’re comparing apples to oranges man. Even with the DE to cart when comparing cost. I don’t want their to be an unfair bias is all.
yes. BUT when you are at the local supermarket and you have to choose between a 4 pack of skinguard for 20 euros and pack of 10 gillette blue platinum for 1,50 euros what would you choose? I already know MY answer but then everyone is different :)

yes. BUT when you are at the local supermarket and you have to choose between a 4 pack of skinguard for 20 euros and pack of 10 gillette blue platinum for 1,50 euros what would you choose? I already know MY answer but then everyone is different :)
Why do people keep mentioning DE in a best cartridge discussion?

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Guys, can we please keep the discussion professional and on topic?

I don't want my thread to get locked.

We all like DEs, so posting "why use a cartridge when you can use a DE?" doesn't really have much point.

Cartridges have their place. Still use DE almost all of the time, but, sometimes I need to bust out a cartridge.

Thanks!

Guys, can we please keep the discussion professional and on topic?

I don't want my thread to get locked.

We all like DEs, so posting "why use a cartridge when you can use a DE?" doesn't really have much point.

Cartridges have their place. Still use DE almost all of the time, but, sometimes I need to bust out a cartridge.

Thanks!
i agree wholeheartedly. in fact i also use my hydro 5 and DSC , not just my R108 and parker 55 SS. I was just talking of value for money.i never told anyone to ditch carts razors for good (in fact i've been a fervent user for 32 years).

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
i agree wholeheartedly. in fact i also use my hydro 5 and DSC , not just my R108 and parker 55 SS. I was just talking of value for money.i never told anyone to ditch carts razors for good (in fact i've been a fervent user for 32 years).
How does the hydro 5 compare to the DSC?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

today i wanted to try the old fusion proglide flexball which was resting unused since last january and with my surprise by applying the DE wet shaving techniques i got probably my absolute best shave. An easy BBS in 2 passes WTG/ATG and no irritation. I'm impressed.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
today i wanted to try the old fusion proglide flexball which was resting unused since last january and with my surprise by applying the DE wet shaving techniques i got probably my absolute best shave. An easy BBS in 2 passes WTG/ATG and no irritation. I'm impressed.
Good technique!

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
less close, more comfortable
PS
I'm back to cartridge razors after my experience with DEs. Too much time consuming and thank to he razorpit the cart cost is not going to break the bank anymore.
interesting. thanks much for the comparison.

After reading this thread I had concluded that the hydro 5 was the one to beat.

Now that DSC is in the running i am not too sure...

i must say that after the very successful trial of this morning i'm tempted to go back to the fusion. The best effortless bbs i ve ever had

I had the notion that cartridge razors are great on the day, but continued use results in razor rash and bumps.

Be interesting to see how you get on over a week or so.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I had the notion that cartridge razors are great on the day, but continued use results in razor rash and bumps.

That was my experience. That is why I only use them once in a blue moon.

in fact today i have razor bumps again. And the fusion is the ony one i got them with. With Hydro 5 i have no problems generally speaking. And even with the DSC with the dorco 6 pace plus cartridges. The latter also provide me the longest lasting BBS and so since their carts are way cheaper i will proceed with dorco.

Ive tried the bazillion blade, supermatic, Hi Def, solid unobtainium razors. And to tell the truth, IMHO the humble TracII is the best cart razor. Its simple, efficient, and gives a DFS every time with almost any reasonable type of prep. Carts can be had for not a lot of money and they are easy to find. I still prefer my DE, but I keep my 40yo TracII in my rotation.

Top Bottom