What's new

Snacks

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Who does them and what do you eat?

I got a bit hungry a little while ago and instead of fixing a plate from stuff that was already cooked, that was in the fridge, I was lazy and grabbed some cheese that I had sliced earlier and a can of mixed nuts.

I also like Ritz crackers and cheese, with mayo spread on top of the cracker.

About a year ago I went to the ER when I was out of state due to a severe strain on my back from unloading some heavy stuff from the back of the truck that didn't cooperate well. I was in so much pain for about a week, couldn't even hardly walk, so I went in. My blood pressure was pretty high, the high 170s over the high 90s (probably due to the pain, but not like the 201 over 104 that I had one time) and they did some blood work. The ER Doc said my sodium level was a bit low so I said "I'll take care of that."

I went back to the house and grabbed a bag of salty pretzels and a beer.

Okay guys...Fess up...what do you like and eat?

Toasted and sea salted hemp seeds
Seaweed crisps
Kale chips
Hummus on socca bread
salty or limon potato chips
Sunflower seeds or sun-butter
Raisins dried coconut strips apricots and figs
Jerky and pemmican

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
329507157f033023687d8c8f1dbe35ac,0.jpg.jpg

The only snacks kept in the house these days are nuts and cheese. It helps keep me from buying larger pants. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Impossible to list. What I snack on depends on when I'm hungry, what I've already eaten, and blood sugar levels. It runs from apples to wasabi peas. Yesterday I had a good ol' fashioned Moon Pie, with 27 grams of sugar.

Cans of tuna, kippers or sardines
Beef jerky
Quest bars and cookies
Moon cheese
Pop tarts and those soft Belvita cinnamon brown sugar pastry thingies if I'm high carbing it...LOL

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I'm terrible about snacking . It's all sorts of stuff, often nuts, but I I'm all over an open bag of chips left out. At night, I often have some of my sauerkraut.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Nuts (cashews and pistachio usually, macadamia if I want to splurge), sardines, tuna, beef jerky, pumpkin seeds. I REALLY love flaming hot Cheetos, so I never visit the break room that has the vending machine with them in it.

Cheese. I eat'm like candy when they're in the fridge. Gouda, goat, parmesan blocks. Half pound at a time lol. I'm out right now as they don't last long.

Breton Original crackers (about 8-12 of them), each with a square of old cheddar cheese, microwaved just until they fuse onto the cracker. This with a small dish of seedless green grapes.
My favourite cheddar is Snowdonia's "Black Bomber", with the black wax coating.
proxy.php

Cottage cheese with lots of blueberries, or else sliced banana.

Goat cheese or feta cheese on Breton crackers. This is tricky because Breton crackers are very fragile. Water crackers are far more practical.

Dry roasted almonds, until a few weeks ago when I crack the cap on an abutment tooth in my upper bridge. That's going to be expensive and tedious.

Small bowl of Life cereal, with milk and a lot of blueberries or strawberries, or both.

Tuna, mayo, salt, pepper, and mozzarella cheese on a half bagel, toasted under the grille for a few minutes.

Large order of fries, preferably from a "chip wagon", sprinkled with white vinegar and salt.

Deviled eggs. They're why I love wedding reception buffets.

One or two squares of 72% chocolate, broken up into 1/4" bits.

Plain round tortilla chips.

Popcorn, from a hot air popper.

I like a plate of 2-3 cheeses, some walnuts and cashews, olives and crackers. Can also add slices of pepperoni, summer sausage or deer sausage. Sometimes I'll have those tiny pickles or sliced fresh jalapeno. Add a glass of buttermilk and you're close to heaven.

I can have some combination of the above multiple times a week for dinner. Sadly my wife hates it when I do that (because then I don't cook for her).

Cheese is a by product of milk which is a by product of grass, therfore it is vegan, RIGGGGGGHHTTTT!!!!

Top Bottom