What's new

THEHTGAM/PPF/PH0ENIX/D0UGLAS/H0DGES/FRANCES Thread

You will find that many vendors do not carry PAA products due to PAA's history of unethical business practices. Please educate yourself on this matter.

As a newbie, I have been scouring B&B, YouTube, other forums and websites for a month. This morning is the first time I've seen any mention of this issue. I believe it needs to be addressed or at least readily available information for newcomers. After learning of this I will never buy PAA products again.

I'm from Italy , many people ask clarification about all these messes, HTGAM, Petal Pushers and PAA.
I think it's logical to know who our supplier is.
Thanks.

I received my first Phoenix and Beau post shave lotion this week in the Spitfire scent and love this stuff already. I used it this morning and can tell is going to be one of my favorite go to's for balms/lotions for post shave conditioning. It is not greasy or heavy, and absorbs into the skin very easily.

And, of course I love their Spitfire offering, it is one of my favorite scents in all of the wet shaving offerings I have been able to try.

Has anyone else tried this stuff and are you loving it also?

What’s the scent like?
It's a mixture of leather and tobacco with a slight oil type scent to it, almost motorpolish, if that makes sense, but in a good way. It's a very masculine scent and their description of the scent does it justice by stating it's an olfactory type scent that is right in my wheel house. If you are a fan of tobacco and leather scents, I highly suggest you check it out and the performance of the soap and lotion is outstanding also.

PAA ranks right up there with Razor Emporium for shoddy customer service.

I'm from Italy I don't know Razor Emporium but I know that after the shaving with PAA synergy shaving soap my face is red and irritated because of the poor protection on the skin.
Just yesterday I used Caties Bubbles instead PAA and everyting goes well.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I'm from Italy I don't know Razor Emporium but I know that after the shaving with PAA synergy shaving soap my face is red and irritated because of the poor protection on the skin.
Just yesterday I used Caties Bubbles instead PAA and everyting goes well.
Curiously, both companies are from the same state-Arizona, both have been banned from B&B, and I'm pretty sure I read that both individuals have been caught assuming fake profiles after being banned. That's not even counting bad business practices. Sorry, to hear about your soap experience. Thankfully there is always Caties Bubbles.

Not planning on buying any PAA products. Once a fraud always a fraud, I am sure there are plenty of other honest artisans that can fulfill my soap needs. Sadly I still see the guy with his army of shills in various Facebook groups.

IMG_0481.JPG
IMG_0482.JPG

Solar Flare, next to an Erskine. Erskine brushes said to be the inspiration for the Flare.

Curiously, both companies are from the same state-Arizona, both have been banned from B&B, and I'm pretty sure I read that both individuals have been caught assuming fake profiles after being banned. That's not even counting bad business practices. Sorry, to hear about your soap experience. Thankfully there is always Caties Bubbles.

Good news! There are a lot good soaps on the website of Maggar Razors (I often buy from them) with prices below 15 USD : Black Ship Grooming, Catie's Bubbles, Chiseled Face, Soap Commander, Stirling Soap.

Why do I have to buy from PAA?

Not planning on buying any PAA products. Once a fraud always a fraud, I am sure there are plenty of other honest artisans that can fulfill my soap needs. Sadly I still see the guy with his army of shills in various Facebook groups.

I agree with you. Why do we have to buy from these people ???
I'm from Italy, I like the american's soaps (low price for us from Europe , great protection of the skin and great post shave) , there are a lot and a lot good soaps on the market!!

Mine arrived today. I love this knot, it feels more springy and “real” than the already excellent StarCraft knot. The butterscotch is very nice in person.
image.jpg
E72475DD-85C8-465A-BAE9-87BA92AAABE4.jpeg

I have all three. The b&m is closer to the original than the paa.

That said, the original is a tad more powdery and sweet than the b&m.

Reserve classic is one of my favorite scents from barrister and Mann.
Reserve Classic is wonderful! I found it fleeting enough that an edt could be used afterwards without worry. Good to know it is close. Thanks.

Did you try to add even more water to the lather?

I know that many soaps can handle different amount of water to reveal their slickness and Cavendish is one of them.

Now I also know that many guys, because of the bad fame of the owner, simply write something bad for the soap. The soap on its own performs great for me though.

I also think that the owner should be more careful in the past because he lost some good amount of customers.

This is pretty much how I feel. I tried a sample of Cavendish and it performed very well and I loved the smell. I use Stirling primarily but I like to use this scent from time to time.

Their Mysterium serum is good stuff. My wife swiped it after using it. After a month of using it she had a wart on her hand go away. It is the real deal.

I don't know anything about past practices, but their products are very good in my book.

This is pretty much how I feel. I tried a sample of Cavendish and it performed very well and I loved the smell. I use Stirling primarily but I like to use this scent from time to time.

Their Mysterium serum is good stuff. My wife swiped it after using it. After a month of using it she had a wart on her hand go away. It is the real deal.

I don't know anything about past practices, but their products are very good in my book.

But I wonder: can we trust to buy from one who has counterfeit the composition of the soaps ??

I have the Green Ray and Atomic Rocket. My preference is the Atomic Rocket. I bowl lather and it is more springy for the way I use a brush. I would expect the Green Ray to be better for “face lathering” as it is softer. Both are excellent value. I read somewhere that they were made by Yaqi but not sure if that is right.
Bought mine from Carmine at Top of the Chain.

Top Bottom