What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s been a pretty busy week for mail calls. Here we go!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Hello there, brassy NEW Short Comb!

proxy.php

proxy.php

So this next one was purchased as a parts lot. Let’s see why!

proxy.php

proxy.php

The Rhodium No. 21 (I think) is sticky, but opens. It’s like pine tar sticky. Everything is sticky.

The gold No. 21 or No. 22 (I think) does not open. The knob is stuck in the open position, and the head screws off. I have no idea how to remedy that.

Any thoughts here are appreciated!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I had my first Ikea visit last week. It’s something else. The scale of the place alone.

It’s a giiiiiiiant maze. I will need to pick up a display of some type soon. All of my razor boxes are full.

I’ll probably go with the Milsbro in black and add accent lighting. I really wanted the Fabrikör (the shorter, wider version) in grey. They don’t sell shelves separately, and I would need 3 shelves minimum. I don’t want to buy two just to cannibalize the shelves.

Fine. Let’s keep this party going. Mail call!

proxy.php

Fresh off of the truck by way of Hungary.

proxy.php

It’s not what it looks like.

proxy.php

That is...musty. This has definitely been in a basement for a minute.

proxy.php

Hello there, weathered RFB! I picked this one up as a possible replate project, but I actually dig the look as-is.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Next up!

proxy.php

That is an entire roll of bubble wrap.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Hello there, shiny Rocket HD! It’s not bent, I just suck as a photographer.

proxy.php

Let’s bring it home strong.

proxy.php

Packing peanuts for days.

proxy.php

I wanted to try a few different shaving creams to see how I prefer them to soaps. Snagged a few razors in the process!

proxy.php

Hello there, RazoRock SLOC and GC OC!

proxy.php

My Fendrihan order arrived a day early than the tracking estimate said initially.
Woo-hoo!
Leuchtturm1917 notebook, a Clubman Jumbo Styptic Pencil, three little sample packs...
(then my camera battery crapped out, switched to vintage iPod touch)

... And a shiny new Edwin Jagger DE87:
I just liked the appearance of the faux ivory handle and the "rocker" profile of the head.

The Rhodium No. 21 (I think) is sticky, but opens. It’s like pine tar sticky. Everything is sticky.

The gold No. 21 or No. 22 (I think) does not open. The knob is stuck in the open position, and the head screws off. I have no idea how to remedy that.

Any thoughts here are appreciated!
I'd say drop them into hot water (in saucepan, at a rolling boil) for 10 minutes.
Toothbrush and Proxabrush scrubbing to get the soap scum and verdigris off.
That did wonders for my rather distressed '46 Aristocrat.
No question that it was sanitized, since it's not just a surface treatment.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Just got some more gear, Pal injecto-matic(brand new with red blade) Canadian version of a Schick G type with a dark-brown case and a Valet Auto strop C - great shape but damaged stop which a repair will be attempted.
Good deal for $6.00 Canadian each and $40 Canadian shipping.
New Pal injectomatic- Canadian G type Schick brown case-Valet C Auto-strop one stop damaged (2).jpg

Have some great shaves1

Top Bottom