What's new

Does reading about shaving make you want to shave ?

Nope. I shave daily, willy-nilly.
But it can influence how I shave, or what with.
For example, the forum threads "Every Friday is Clubman Friday", or "Single Edge Sunday - What Will You Use? ".

And reading your mind makes me want to be a farmer.
proxy.php

Ha-ha.
It is to laugh.

A lot of the times, it does. When you hear about a great shave someone had with a setup that you have, you want to test it out again and enjoy the same experience. Sometimes, it'll be the opposite and it'll make you curious why. And slowly but surely, you follow the trail into the rabbit hole... welcome.

Yes it may. But if I’ve already shaved that day, I need to be reading something that spurns my facial hair to grow quicker.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Yes. B&B is a terrible influence on my shaving habits and buying shaving supplies habits. TERRIBLE. I’d probably have a waist length beard if I were not involved here. But reading about shaves and reviews of great products makes me cave. And let me tell ya....I’m very very lazy when it comes to shaving. I can resist the urge for several weeks sometimes. But eventually I give in. I think it’s been a week or more since my last shave and I feel like sometime this week I will succumb to the temptation.

Yes. B&B is a terrible influence on my shaving habits and buying shaving supplies habits. TERRIBLE. I’d probably have a waist length beard if I were not involved here. But reading about shaves and reviews of great products makes me cave. And let me tell ya....I’m very very lazy when it comes to shaving. I can resist the urge for several weeks sometimes. But eventually I give in. I think it’s been a week or more since my last shave and I feel like sometime this week I will succumb to the temptation.

Sounds to me like B&B is a good influence on your shaving habits, not a terrible one. You’re admittedly “very very lazy when it comes to shaving”. So if the Forum helps to combat your natural inclination to look like a bum, I’d say it is a positive influence on your normally bad habits.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Sounds to me like B&B is a good influence on your shaving habits, not a terrible one. You’re admittedly “very very lazy when it comes to shaving”. So if the Forum helps to combat your natural inclination to look like a bum, I’d say it is a positive influence on your normally bad habits.
Maybe I want to look like a bum.

I took it, as I'm sure he meant it, as strictly tongue - in - cheek.

I don’t think so, but I could be wrong. He’s posted elsewhere that he is lazy and let’s lots of time pass between shaves. Nothing wrong with that, of course. I was just saying the if the forum causes him to want to shave more often, then that’s a good thing.....not a bad thing.

Yes. Especially when I have new products to try. Just bought some Arko on Amazon and can't wait to try it out for the first time. Should be here on the 22nd. Probably give it a go this weekend.

Top Bottom