What's new

Should I be upset

Went to a local antique mall today and found a Schick Injector Black handle with blades and pristine case and a Gillette Flair tip in pristine case with blades. Both for a fair price considering in cases. Couldn't tell dates on Gillette as blade had been left in it and was covered in rust and bottom of base plate covered in soap scum. Since both were from same seller, could get a discount if paid in cash, so trotted off to bank machine. Didn't look until I got home and case now has a 1" triangle divit out of it and a crack which I swear wasn't in it when I took it to the register. Of course receipt says all sales final. Am betting clerk dropped case on floor while I was gone and they were wrapping them up. Have called and left message to see if they at least have the plastic triangle or will barter more on price. Doubt I will get anywhere, so guess this proves you should inspect everything before you leave the store even if it has been wrapped and put in a bag.

Sound advise! Just did some research online and the case is actually for a slim adjustable anyway. Feel better now, but still cheesed that it happened.

Have decided will super glue crack in case and if I sell my slim adjustable will put the case with it. Guess is a win win for the slim to make a set of case & blades.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Have decided will super glue crack in case and if I sell my slim adjustable will put the case with it. Guess is a win win for the slim to make a set of case & blades.
They are right, but I'd have a hard time "letting it go."

But I'm a small pitiful creature, lol!

Well done on looking on the bright side!!!

Remodeling master bath and am putting up some shelves so I can finally display my collection and will just put my slim in the case and the others in racks I have. Intention of the purchase today was to have razors in cases to display, guess will just have the slim in one instead of the flare tip. I tend to obsess over things but have moved on in this case.

Sound advise! Just did some research online and the case is actually for a slim adjustable anyway. Feel better now, but still cheesed that it happened.
Congrats on the good finds, and I agree with the others here about looking on the bright side. Remember, whether your clerk broke the case or not, antique mall finds often have minor or major problems that are sometimes less than obvious, and that's why they aren't being sold on ebay. Sounds like the razors themselves were in good shape in your case.

Schick is a J2 and super clean with case & blades. Gillette flare tip is a K 4 and took some scrubbing, but cleaned up really well. It functions properly after dropping some mineral oil into it. Case will go good with my slim adjustable and I think it’s the correct case for it.

It could've been worse. Like browsing the whole mall and finding nothing.

I happened to have a bit of luck in Ohio today at an antique store. About a mile down the road from Caeser's Creek Flea Market on SR 72.

The clerk led me back to a small cache of shaving items. Two Slims and a SS flare tip. I picked the Slim that looked most easiest to clean and bought it. A reasonable price.

Also present were 4 different Old Spice mugs and at least 3 glass bottles of Old Spice.

Good score! My find was in Powell. Ever have any luck at the flea market?

I bought a black tip SS at Caesar's Creek a couple years ago. From a parking lot vendor. I mostly just stop in from time to time because that's what we did in the 1980s.

I've overpaid on more than a couple razors and bought broken ones. My way of getting over it is to underpay on more than I overpay. I say get out there and find some steals! :wink2:

I've overpaid on more than a couple razors and bought broken ones. My way of getting over it is to underpay on more than I overpay. I say get out there and find some steals! :wink2:
Oh how I have been in the same boat! Like you philosophy!

It wouldn't bother me at all. But I'm not into vintage cases at all even though I do like and use several vintage Gillette razors.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
This man knows what he's talking about!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom