What's new

AUGUST 2019 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summer is half over and in some places August is the hottest month ....

The sun is blazing, the days are muggy, but the hours grow less. Even though thundershowers break up the week, the hunt should continue, rain or shine. Visit the familiar places, seek out new ones, always searching for the elusive find ... and, you never know, you may stumble on that special something because ...

The Scores do await, whether in the wild and online. And when you find one, oh does it feel so good!

And Gents, when you snag one please let us know.

Because, we all want to see and think ... Lucky Dog! I need one of THOSE....

First purchase of the new month for me.....
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Got 2 more to add to my growing collection. Claus, and Red Star. Being an old Jar Head the USMC Claus will definitely be held dear. I hope it shaves well so that I can put it in rotation. Next one will probably be SK2 Saito
20190804_124343.jpg
20190804_124321.jpg
20190804_193355.jpg
20190804_193428.jpg

I've got a few things to add to this thread.
IMG_1523 (1).jpg

Starting at the bottom row, going left to right:
- ABC Pocket razor with gunmetal case. Case has Gillette patch inside & countries engraved on the bottom.
- 1936 Aristocrat
- 1918 military Old

Second row:
- 1946 Aristocrat
- Frankenrazor - the handle looks to be from a 1946 NEW, while the cap & baseplate seem to be from a 1939 British made NEW.
- NEW LC

Third row:
- Yaqi 24mm Cashmere
- Turn N Shave 25mm Gamechanger/Boss
- Muhle 23mm Silvertip Fiber
- Shavemac 26mm Synthetic

If anyone is able to give me additional information or if I've misidentified one of the razors, please let me know.

7219C592-7376-41F1-A71D-48A4B7145C23.jpeg

AP shave co
C
24mm cashmere in winter handle
24mm 2bed fan in green handle
24mm synbad in red handle
24mm silk smoke in summer handle
250652CD-445B-4688-BC0B-E6CD40C6C9D8.jpeg

PAA
Solar flare
7C62EA31-CA56-4ADF-B966-B2EF3E8DDA2B.jpeg

Turn N Shave(unlabeled)
25mm gamechanger/boss chess brush

Yesterday I came home to a package from WCS. I tried a sample of B&M's Terror soap I got from the Maggard's meet up and dug it so much I had to get the full soap and aftershave. I also had to pick up one of their cool Green Honeycomb brushes. I tried the brush this morning and it worked fine - quite a bit of loft but it lathered fine and did an enjoyable job on the face. Now I have to try the Terror AS but if it is anything like the soap and B&M's other products, I'm sure I am in store for a treat.
Steve
IMG_5587.jpg

IMG_5588.jpg

IMG_5590.jpg

Yesterday I came home to a package from WCS. I tried a sample of B&M's Terror soap I got from the Maggard's meet up and dug it so much I had to get the full soap and aftershave. I also had to pick up one of their cool Green Honeycomb brushes. I tried the brush this morning and it worked fine - quite a bit of loft but it lathered fine and did an enjoyable job on the face. Now I have to try the Terror AS but if it is anything like the soap and B&M's other products, I'm sure I am in store for a treat.
Steve
View attachment 1006731
View attachment 1006732
View attachment 1006733
The Terror aftershave is great it was like a cold breeze hitting my face for 6+ hours and it was 90+ deg outside

Received a package today from PAA. I bought the soap and aftershave set of Copalli and the soon to be discontinued Ox blood Doppelganger. I tossed in the Galatic Shea butter for a try and the better half said I could only order if I grabbed her a alum block - a good deal lol. I tried the Copalli this morning and it is very different. I has an upfront burnt resin scent, but finishes on the sweet side. I liked the first go with it, but it is unique. I will see as the week progresses and I use it more. The CK6 performance is just outstanding as usual.

Last month in Jersey I picked up 2 Wood Box Soaps from an artisan displaying her wares. I tried the Barber Shop today and it was very nice.
Steve

IMG_5655.jpg

IMG_5656.jpg

IMG_5657.jpg
IMG_5669.jpg

Picked up my first British Aristocrat, 2nd gen #15 (I think), 1948ish (I think), really nice condition. Read through some or most of the Aristocrat ID threads here and mr-razor site and I think I'm in the ballpark. Regardless, I really like this now that I have it in my hands, will sanitize it, and use it for my next shave.
IMG_0750.JPG
IMG_0749.JPG
IMG_0751.JPG

81002426-53F6-4317-BF77-4FBA0C44335F.jpeg

$5 at the antique mall the other day. Filthy and dull when I got it, cleaned up ok so far. Will shave with it tomorrow.

Picked up a Quinn’s witch hazel alcohol free w/aloe Vera toner Pink grapefruit and orange rind scent was only 7.99 and grapefruit is a scent I like I tried it when I got home the scent seams to last longer and be stronger than the scented thayers I have. I like the scent feels great and a bonus it last longer and is stronger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom