What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Revisit blades that, in the past, had not worked for me. For example, this past Shark Week, I got some great Shark shaves with blades I had totally written off six or seven years ago. So many things that contribute to a good--or bad--shave change over time: personal technique; quality control; manufacturing methods and equipment; soap formulae; water, etc.

Not just today but the last several days I learned that I should have tried Astra SP's years ago!

What an awesomely comfortable shave those things have given me.

I learned that I like open comb razors. I used a 1920s Gillette for the first time today and absolutely loved it. My first open comb shave and, outside of a few weepers on my troublesome mustache area, it was a perfect shave. Now I'm contemplating an open comb Game Changer.

I learned that I like open comb razors. I used a 1920s Gillette for the first time today and absolutely loved it. My first open comb shave and, outside of a few weepers on my troublesome mustache area, it was a perfect shave. Now I'm contemplating an open comb Game Changer.

Congratulations!! A whole new world to explore!! :a17::a17:

After my shave yesterday I realized that I have had my Charcoal Goods Level 2 Antique Brass for a couple of months now and have never had a bad shave, weeper, cut or irritation. It is the only razor I own that I can claim such. I love all my razors, but my CG is proving to be special.

After my shave yesterday I realized that I have had my Charcoal Goods Level 2 Antique Brass for a couple of months now and have never had a bad shave, weeper, cut or irritation. It is the only razor I own that I can claim such. I love all my razors, but my CG is proving to be special.
OC or SB?

I have the SB. I asked Brian at CG a month ago about an OC and he said he didn't have any plans in the near future to produce the OC due to a lack of demand. I would love to have one to try, but not sure I need one.

Stahly (Series B)/Bolzano (1). Not at all the shave I expected, the Bolzano tests as one of the least sharp blades you can get, the other side of the spectrum from my usual BIC, the Stahly a mild razor.., this was a great shave, close and comfortable..well so much for sharpness.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Coconut oil works really well as a pre shave oil. It even made face lathering quicker and helped provide a nice overall two pass shave. The kicker is that it has provided quite a bit of protection post shave!

Ive learnt good and bad today being a few months into shaving..

The bad Always and always check your setting on a Fatboy adjustable before shaving mine was set one higher than usual and I got the most uncomfortable shave with even the first wtg I've ever had..

The good I've always struggled and not payed to much attention to atg pass to get a few hours BBS shave but today I watched geofatboys video on skimming the face with the atg pass and I removed so much than usual all though I didn't go for a BBS as my face was in fire from the wrong setting I def know skimming the surface will be better for me

Learned that I should stick with Astra SP blades and not screw around with the SS model. A little razor burn on the throat today and the only change was the blade.

Top Bottom