What's new

Clubman Original Love.

A while ago I was sent a couple of soaps creams and aftershaves alongside them was 50ml of Clubman, now I have smelt Clubman many of times without being impressed or something I would buy. I call it "stinky" not as stinky as the Veg of course, but recently I wanted to try it. Well as you can already tell from the title, I LOVE IT. The scent gets so much better when it hits my skin, I have observed that with a whole lot of different products that I wouldn't think of buying. Some of them being TOBS Sandalwood, KMF Lavender, T&H Rose, these scents are very floral for my liking and have linked them with female colognes. But I have come to appreciate them. TLDR : Try to get a sample of the product to try it on your skin before deciding whether you like it or not. A cream/soap smells different when lathered and an aftershave smells different when it hits your skin. Now excuse while i take a trip to my bathroom and have a sniff of the Clubman.

Clubman is my all time favorite and I always have a couple of bottles on hand. It still amazes me how inexpensive it is.

They are very different. The original is a classic barbershop Fougère—some would say THE classic barbershop Fougère.

Special Reserve is a manly leather and resin fragrance. They are both wonderful.

Clubman is a CLASSIC!! :a29:

This is one that reminds me of the barbershop in my home town when I was growing up!!

I hated Clubman so much at first, I poured the bottle down the drain. Years later I tried it again and love it! It’s now my standard Sunday aftershave. Go figure.

Clubman is a CLASSIC!! :a29:

This is one that reminds me of the barbershop in my home town when I was growing up!!

You reminded me about something I've always wondered, as I look at the full 8oz glass bottle of Clubman I have here that is old enough to not have a UPC bar code.

I don't recall Clubman being available for sale in stores when I was young (1970s-'80s). I didn't even know of its existence. Men used Skin Bracer and Old Spice and Brut when I was growing up. Everyone talks about the Clubman smell reminding them of the barbershop. Was this something that could once only be purchased from the barber? If so when did it start showing up on store shelves?

You reminded me about something I've always wondered, as I look at the full 8oz glass bottle of Clubman I have here that is old enough to not have a UPC bar code.

I don't recall Clubman being available for sale in stores when I was young (1970s-'80s). I didn't even know of its existence. Men used Skin Bracer and Old Spice and Brut when I was growing up. Everyone talks about the Clubman smell reminding them of the barbershop. Was this something that could once only be purchased from the barber? If so when did it start showing up on store shelves?

My recollection (which may well be incorrect) is that I could purchase OS, Brut, English Leather, and Skin Bracer in shops/pharmacies. However, Clubman was used by barbers and could be purchased from them only.

Clubman is THE smell of the barbershop too me. I recently got a bottle because my wife commented how much she liked the smell when I got home from the barber. I try to use it once a week.

If you love Clubman, please, choose wisely, otherwise you know what.

proxy.php

I do love Original Clubman with a couple drops of glycerin added. Reminds me of Grandfather's Barbershop when I tagged along.

I'm 69, and Clubman is for sure "THE" old barbershop aroma (with maybe some Jeris hair tonic thrown in). But for that reason I don't use it. It's strong, and just a bit cloying, so it's basically your only scent and not the one I want to take out into the world these days.

Which is a damned shame, as it feels so very good on my face.

One of my favorites as it reminds me of the ole 4 bit barber shop haircut I got as a kid. When I smell it I still remember various colored bottles lined up on a shelf against a large wall mirror. In addition to it's intended use; I also sprinkle some C-man on a couple folded up Kleenex tissues that I keep in my shave bowl which I keep on top of the bathroom cabinet. I sprinkle about every third day and use the same Kleenex for a week or two as it really keeps that great B-Shop aroma in my bathroom.

Last edited:
One of my favorites as it reminds me of the ole 4 bit barber shop haircut I got as a kid. When I smell it I still remember various colored bottles lined up on a shelf against a large wall mirror. In addition to it's intended use; I also sprinkle some C-man on a couple folded up Kleenex tissues that I keep in my shave bowl which I keep on top of the bathroom cabinet. I sprinkle about every third day and use the same Kleenex for a week or two as it really keeps that great B-Shop aroma in my bathroom.
I like that idea!

Top Bottom