What's new

AP Shave Co 2BED synthetic fan

I have one and it's the best synthetic I've used. It's soft, has some backbone, yet not too much that it uncomfortable to splay on your face. It's extremely realistic too. Here I have it set into my Heritage Collection Ever Ready 200.
proxy.php

I got one in the Winter handle a few weeks back and have been using it nonstop. That's unusual for me. I usually swap back and forth between brushes. It's just so blasted nice. It may be the first synthetic brush I could switch to and never go back.

It wouldn't be accurate to say that it feels exactly like a bristle brush, but it does everything right. It splays effortlessly and correctly rather than squirreling around in clumps as synthetics can tend to. It holds a ton of soap, it lathers generously and comfortably, it has a wonderful face-feel with just a little more bristle-feel than the Synbad knot, and it rinses and dries like a champ of course.

I've tried it with budget soaps, (Arko & Pinaud)with old-school imports, (TOBS & Harris) and new high-end soaps. (a few of the Murphy & McNeil) They all work great, though the better the soap, the more it feels like a natural brush. The Murphy & McNeil lather is dense and viscous enough to overpower any little bit of synthetic springiness in the bristles, so they group and move together in one big creamy puff much the same way as a natural bristle brush. Again, if you have been using badger for years, you won't mistake it for a natural fiber, but you will probably be surprised to find yourself not caring, because it is just such a nice experience. Actually it works wonderfully with Arko, which may be a little drying on the face, but whose tallow-based lather is thick, particularly if you load a bit heavy.

No complaints on this one. Home run.

I have one, but haven't tried it yet - I can't decide in which handle to mount it lol

It looks like a great knot though!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I have one and it's the best synthetic I've used. It's soft, has some backbone, yet not too much that it uncomfortable to splay on your face. It's extremely realistic too. Here I have it set into my Heritage Collection Ever Ready 200.
proxy.php
thats nice!

Thank you to all for your comments. Since my OP, I ended up settling on a 24mm SynBad and have been very pleased. I shifted off of synth knots a few years ago because of their inability to splay easily. This SynBad has reallt adjusted my old view of synths.

Thanks again all!

I tried a 2BED; for me, it was prickly and not dense at all. I much preferred the Synbad and Cashmere knots (softer, denser).

I had 4 knots come in the mail yesterday, one was a 2BED but haven't put in a handle yet. I'll get it ready to go today and use it tomorrow.

Here's my 2Bed knot on a homemade handle. Nice looking knot IMO and feels like it has potential. I never got it glued up until this morning so it won't be used for a day or 2.

Here's my 2Bed knot on a homemade handle. Nice looking knot IMO and feels like it has potential. I never got it glued up until this morning so it won't be used for a day or 2.

Very cool handle!! Do you sell your work or just turn handles for personal enjoyment?

Thanks

Thanks. Pretty much do it for my own entertainment. I'm always experimenting with something. I have 3 new brushes to try out that I made last week.

proxy.php

One GREAT LOOKING BRUSH!!

Top Bottom