What's new

Broken alum bar: what to do

I’m sure some of you have dropped and shattered and alum bar. I did this several months back and now I’m down do a few large pebble sized stones of alum. I can still manage to use them, but not for much longer

What do you gentlemen do with alum when it becomes too small to run across your face, but still useable for something?

Thanks

Sir Brooklyn!
I also have shattered an alum block!!
I use the pieces for de-oiling the fingers while shaving.
But, I readily order a replacement large alum block for the face.
No big deal; an alum block is reasonably affordable!

creed santal art of shaving joris alum taylor old bond st sandalwood november 19 2015.jpg

Pick up one of these. It’s 4 years old, never been dropped. I do use it for deodorant and on my face when I think I need it

5E6E724A-4111-43D3-AD5B-A0AF4B01AEE7.jpeg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I put my pieces of broken Alum Block in a small Tupperware style container. When I receive my new Alum Block I store it on top of the broken pieces so that when water drips off my fingers into the bottom of the container it keeps the new Alum Block off the wet bottom.

I've only had one for the last sixteen years and still have it. I rarely use it except for the occasional weeper or cut.

Never shattered but if I did I think that idea of grounding it into a powder would be good.

Excepting that they'll probably bury me with it.

Chris

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have a friend that lives in Davenport! Once I get off the sofa I'll go to the chiffarobe & find their address! Maybe they know your grandma!
Go ahead and try! About a year after she died she got a letter in the mail from a psychic....so she may have faked her death and moved to Davenport!

Put a couple of rubber bands, the big ones like on stalks of broccoli, around the perimeter of your new alum block. A much more secure grip while leaving the larger faces exposed for use.

Top Bottom