What's new

Which cartridge razor/disposable razor did you use today and how many shaves?

First cart with individually moving blades. Gillette retooled for the Sensor. It's my favorite cartridge razor.

Clayton

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk
Out of my cartridge collection of Trac II/Atra/Sensor, the Sensor is taking first place as my favorite for smoothest and most comfortable shaves.

The Trac II/Atra are not far behind but the Sensor is noticeably better IMO. All three give great shaves however. As usual YMMV applies.

Oh and its Gillette Sensor (4) today.

Original 80's Sensor handle / Polish-made Gillette Sensor blade (9). Gillette could have stopped all so-called innovation after the Sensor. This thing gives the closest, quickest, most comfortable shave imaginable. Using techniques from DE shaving, such as the Gillette Slide, and 2 or 3 passes, make the result equal to the finest barber shave in a fraction of the time. I'll never quit my DE, SE, and Straight shaving, but I like to revisit the tool I used for 25 years on occasion, and the result is quite impressive.

Gillette Skinguard (1)

Wonderful shave using Fine Platinum soap and finishing off with Witch Hazel splash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N.O.S. Gillette Techmatic from 1966, original cartridge, second blade position (6), in honour of the Apollo 11 moon mission 50th anniversary. Sixth shave on this "blade" and it's just starting to show its age.

Attachments

• Techmatic 2.JPG
    Techmatic 2.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
Bic Flex 5 (1)

Mixed opinion on this one. It felt very smooth on my face and neck, but real tuggy on upper and lower lip and chin (only WTG passes there). I have tiny bit of irritation around those areas but DFS was the result.

Two passes on face WTG/XTG and one pass on neck WTG.

Will have to try it again to get a better feel for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilkinson II Adjustable (1)
39245731-A488-40C8-A183-5D8739C72B59.jpeg

The adjustable feature does seem like a superfluous gimmick - on the mildest setting it’s an excellent shave and on the most aggressive setting it’s still an excellent shave which just has a bit more blade feel.
... And of course those 1970’s Light Brigade Era Wilkinson blades are outrageously sharp and ridiculously smooth!

Merkur 2-System / Wilkinson II Adjustable (2)
5620312F-8732-40CE-9477-3E203C7563BF.jpeg

That Merkur handle is really nice with the Trac II style head.
I switched the adjustable down from 5 to 4 to 3 and to be honest I couldn’t notice much difference.

N.O.S. Gillette Techmatic from 1966, original cartridge, second blade position (7), in honour of the Apollo 11 moon mission 50th anniversary. Seventh shave with this blade and still getting a close, comfortable shave.

Attachments

• Techmatic 2.JPG
    Techmatic 2.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
Top Bottom