What's new

August 2019 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Isn't this kind of like going to an AA meeting and telling everybody that you're still sober, but you wanted them to know that there's an awesome new microbrewery that just opened on 5th street?

Lol I feel like this whole forum is like that. Anytime someone talks about a product I’m like I need to try it!

60938FF2-96DD-4695-A15E-FBAF2C3CEB1E.jpeg

Still in and working on my extended trial of the Bic Flex5 Hybrid. It's going much better than I would have expected.

New razor came in today. I will admit this was bought a few hours before August started, so I was cutting it close lol.

DA7AE997-6F96-45FA-9B08-AC794AEADE0D.jpeg

I can still practice restraint when I want to. :) SWMBO had me accompany her to the Burlington store tonight while she shopped for clothes. I visited the products aisles nonetheless. Aside from the usual collection of silly "designer brand" shaving kits were three tubes of Proraso cream (one green, two blue) and four AoS lavender soaps in the bowls. Have enough Proraso already, left these there for someone else. A few months ago I picked up an AoS lavender refill at a different store for five bucks. I don't have a bowl big enough to hold the puck. So I actually looked at these soaps in bowls for quite awhile, but at $12.95 it was too tough to justify. I don't need another lavender AoS refill (it's good soap, but not for $13 for me) and the wooden bowl is attractive but doesn't match the bathroom and would have only been useful to hold the soap it came with and the refill I already had. It's soap. I can make it fit in a different container and spend that thirteen bucks elsehow.

I left the store with a new shirt for myself and a can of the wife's preferred hairspray. The shirt was $13. If I don't damage it I'll get more use out of it than I would have out of the soap and bowl. She didn't find any clothes she liked.

I can still practice restraint when I want to. :) SWMBO had me accompany her to the Burlington store tonight while she shopped for clothes. I visited the products aisles nonetheless. Aside from the usual collection of silly "designer brand" shaving kits were three tubes of Proraso cream (one green, two blue) and four AoS lavender soaps in the bowls. Have enough Proraso already, left these there for someone else. A few months ago I picked up an AoS lavender refill at a different store for five bucks. I don't have a bowl big enough to hold the puck. So I actually looked at these soaps in bowls for quite awhile, but at $12.95 it was too tough to justify. I don't need another lavender AoS refill (it's good soap, but not for $13 for me) and the wooden bowl is attractive but doesn't match the bathroom and would have only been useful to hold the soap it came with and the refill I already had. It's soap. I can make it fit in a different container and spend that thirteen bucks elsehow.

I left the store with a new shirt for myself and a can of the wife's preferred hairspray. The shirt was $13. If I don't damage it I'll get more use out of it than I would have out of the soap and bowl. She didn't find any clothes she liked.

What an inspirational success story! And educational: I had no idea Burlington carried shave stuff or hairspray. :001_rolle

What an inspirational success story! And educational: I had no idea Burlington carried shave stuff or hairspray. :001_rolle

Yes they do, so do the TJX stores (Marshall, TJMaxx) and also Ross Dress for Less, and they are a good deal there. What they typically have are deep discounted salon-quality stuff so if that's what you use, you might find something you like at a very reasonable price.

Still in.

Met the bottom of a tub of B&M reserve i've been working on today. And finished a bottle of Floid aftershave to boot...

Top Bottom