What's new

Murphy & McNeil Gael Laoch

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
For those who have hesitated buying M&M because of how soft the soap is, here’s your chance to experience the amazing performance of M&M in a harder puck. The Gael Laoch scent is a marvelous cologne-type offering, and it loads instantly upon a few swirls of a brush. The soap is slick, ‘sticky’ and incredibly ‘soft’ in feel. My first shave with it and my newly-acquired Ti Timeless .95 OC produced one of the most comfortable shaves I have ever had. The mentholated soap and alcohol-free and mentholated AS were stellar in post-shave feel. My face feels awesome. M&M soap has leaped over everything else in my den. Step off, GD. Get behind me, B&M. Take a hike, DG. Have a seat, Wholly Kaw. Murphy & McNeil is here to stay.
E65B3CC6-4F3A-444A-9500-047C30D132D4.jpeg

Glad you like it, Dan. The fact that it is a harder soap than some of their others is a positive, IMHO.

Hannah's Dad

If it loads in just a few swirls, is it really that hard?

( Asking sincerely)

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
Well, I swirled my damp synthetic only 8 or 9 times (okay -more than a few) and it was enough for 3 glorious passes.

For those who have hesitated buying M&M because of how soft the soap is, here’s your chance to experience the amazing performance of M&M in a harder puck. The Gael Laoch scent is a marvelous cologne-type offering, and it loads instantly upon a few swirls of a brush. The soap is slick, ‘sticky’ and incredibly ‘soft’ in feel. My first shave with it and my newly-acquired Ti Timeless .95 OC produced one of the most comfortable shaves I have ever had. The mentholated soap and alcohol-free and mentholated AS were stellar in post-shave feel. My face feels awesome. M&M soap has leaped over everything else in my den. Step off, GD. Get behind me, B&M. Take a hike, DG. Have a seat, Wholly Kaw. Murphy & McNeil is here to stay.
View attachment 1007584

Damn! I just went on a heavy soap acquisition mission the past few weeks and am set until the 22nd century, but I might have to add one more!

Dan, I can't help but notice all these shiny new modern toys in your den? Congratulations on your recent exciting acquisitions! :thumbup:

Hannah's Dad

Damn! I just went on a heavy soap acquisition mission the past few weeks and am set until the 22nd century, but I might have to add one more!

Dan, I can't help but notice all these shiny new modern toys in your den? Congratulations on your recent exciting acquisitions! :thumbup:
Thanks, Tom. Modern RAD replaced vintage RAD. But, the good news (for me) is that the modern razors are few compared to the vintages. I must confess to being quite enamored with some of the modern weaponry. I was shocked at how smooth the Ti Timeless was. I think my ‘final den’ will contain a few vintage and a few modern. Best of both worlds, as it were.

Tom — you must try M&M soap. And get the AS, too. You will not regret it.

Thanks, Tom. Modern RAD replaced vintage RAD. But, the good news (for me) is that the modern razors are few compared to the vintages. I must confess to being quite enamored with some of the modern weaponry. I was shocked at how smooth the Ti Timeless was. I think my ‘final den’ will contain a few vintage and a few modern. Best of both worlds, as it were.

Tom — you must try M&M soap. And get the AS, too. You will not regret it.

I have really liked the modern you have picked up (Blackbird, CG, Timeless). I too am looking for a vintage/modern mix and am pretty close to good mix at 12 razors. Will worry about getting down to 6 in a couple of years. There are a lot of very appealing modern razors and it would appear more on the way. Good times to be a shaving enthusiast.

As for the M&M, I seriously have too much soap and I also went on an aftershave binge. The M&M will have to wait along with all the other highly touted soaps and AS's. I have to show some restraint!

View attachment 1007584

By the way, did you only purchase the top cap/baseplate from Timeless and are using your own handle? I have never been too keen on the handle available for the Timeless Ti, so I never paid it much attention. My first modern was a Timeless SS .68. It was a nice razor, but I hated the barber pole handle. It had some sharp edges and was the 2nd handle I received after returning the first which was also flawed. I sold it. With that being said, it was a very smooth shaver and have considered the Ti, but not until they add handles or I use my own.

Hannah's Dad

By the way, did you only purchase the top cap/baseplate from Timeless and are using your own handle? I have never been too keen on the handle available for the Timeless Ti, so I never paid it much attention. My first modern was a Timeless SS .68. It was a nice razor, but I hated the barber pole handle. It had some sharp edges and was the 2nd handle I received after returning the first which was also flawed. I sold it. With that being said, it was a very smooth shaver and have considered the Ti, but not until they add handles or I use my own.
I’m with you — not in love with the Ti handle. It’s now being used with my R41.
9E56BEF5-DFCE-4784-8D77-9A3A0AEF3DAA.jpeg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Great write-up!

Love the two M&M I have, Crann Beth and Claddaugh.

Hm, Aon base ... Creed Viking-inspired ... Hmmm.

AA

One word of caution. The M&M soaps that are soft can melt in the hot weather. I received a tub of the Claddagh which turned to liquid in my mailbox due to the hot AZ weather. I put it in the refrigerator to solidify.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Thanks for the write up, I may give this one a try at some point. I did try samples of their softer base a couple months back and it didn't quite measure to my top soaps.

GD and T&S have been my favorites for quite awhile but recently I have been on a M&M binge. I have two of the older softer tallow formulas and now the newer firmer version with tallow and duck fat. These soaps have given me some of the closest irritation free shaves I have ever experienced while providing a great post shave experience. I treat the softer ones just like a cream and scoop a small portion into my Timeless bowl (I need that large bowl to capture the mounds of great lather). Very slick and protective indeed and BBS hours later. Both formulas have produced similar results for me. Very impressed indeed. Can't wait to try the Gael Laoch.

Top Bottom