What's new

Should I get palmolive shave cream?

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I often use the Palmolive Classic (green box). It is excellent. I find it much better than Omega. Inexpensive in Amazon.

I don't get "laundry detergent" from it, I get a very Irish Spring-y vibe from it. I quite like the scent, very very clean.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
It’s a great budget Cream, the Shave Stick is a great budget soap. Great for the budget all round.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Palmolive Rinfrescante, the Italian Menthol Green, is excellent. I always keep a tube of this in my den.

Same thoughts for Proraso "Ever-Green".

Ok, so I've used this 3 or 4 times already.

Sadly, it didn't work out for me because it burned my face after I used it which is a shame because the slickness and cushioning were quite good. Even in a mild gillette flare tip and lord cool blade it still burned. I tried it today with a 37C merkur and astra SP and got quite a sting with my alum block.

Another few bucks down the drain.

Does anyone know if proraso green and red are also like that?

It's impossible to say, everyone's skin is different. Just as I have a wildly different experience with Palmolive than you do, we likely will all have different experiences with Proraso. That being said, I like Proraso, but I also didn't have any problem with Palmolive.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy

Sadly, it didn't work out for me because it burned my face after I used it which is a shame because the slickness and cushioning were quite good. Even in a mild gillette flare tip and lord cool blade it still burned. I tried it today with a 37C merkur and astra SP and got quite a sting with my alum block.

Proraso is simply different and performs beautifully. I have been using the Ever-Green (as I like to call it) for over 25 years and love it. The other colours are great too, if you like the scent.

In your shoes I'd certainly give it a try.

I like Proraso Green better than Palmolive. It has a better scent in my opinion. I also enjoy the Palmolive Rifrescante from Italy, but Proraso is king.

Ordered Palmolive from Amazon and had it shipped from the UK. Used for the first time last week after hearing it was a great cream and I can say from personal experience it is one of the best shaves I've had and for less than $4 it really can't be beat. Only downside is the two weeks it takes to get delivered.

So, today I tried this again. This time with a merkur 37C and lord cool blades and it was so much better although I did nick myself in 2 or 3 places. The burn was very minimal even with a ton of AS applied.

The conclusion is this cream either does not like my vintage gillette TTO razors or I used too little water before.

I use Palmolive from the 70's ,Palmolive menthol, Palmolive classic and recently Palmolive sensitive.
I love these creams. The sensitive is on par with classic. A little slicker and with a similar scent to the Palmolive stick.

Top Bottom