What's new

Moon Amaretto

I've knocked out 3 amazing shaves with this soap and am now confident in saying this stuff is killer.
proxy.php

Moon Soaps makes really great stuff but seems to be a well-kept secret in the shaving community. This might be the product that takes them out of the shadows.
As you can see the packaging is beautiful. Great Italian style artwork to match the almond scent. The scent- amazing! It's almond but not the typical almond I'm used to. Smelling this next to Cella you will realize there's a world of difference. Cella is very thin and nowhere near as bold and deep as this fragrance. There's a bit of caramelized sugar smell, almond, of course, I get a little cherry liqueur. Overall a very warm scent. The texture is a soft cream so loading is not an issue. Lather is thick in the bowl and has a nice satin sheen to it. Seems quite stable too, didn't melt away on the edges of the bowl. The shave performance was top notch- very slick and my face felt protected with a nice cushion. I went a little too wet with my first shave but the lather sprang back big time with about 30 seconds of face lathering. Post shave was great. Super smooth, no blood, and the scent sticks for hours. A+. This one's a lot of fun.
My wife found Moon at a craft fair a couple years back and has ordered a bunch of bar soap and lotion from them. My tattoos have stayed black ever since!

If anyone else has tried Amaretto Speciale please post your thoughts.

Nice review. Looks like they have this cream and then 2 soaps with very nice sounding scent profiles. Would be nice if they offered sample packs, might open some more doors in wet shave land.

Nice review. Looks like they have this cream and then 2 soaps with very nice sounding scent profiles. Would be nice if they offered sample packs, might open some more doors in wet shave land.
I have both the other hard soaps- both excellent. Havana is a soap I can use every day.

My son got me a tub of Amaretto Speciale for Fathers Day, mostly because I'd been dropping hints since I heard about it earlier this year. It is everything I thought it would be and more. GREAT soap!

My parents used to have Amaretto sours while they made dinner and discussed their respective days at work, so the scent was an instant throwback to that experience.

Your comments regarding performance are spot on. Very slick, warm scent, lathering is easy and the scent does linger for a little while.

I'm ashamed to admit this, but part of the healing process is being accountable . . . I have a tub of this and I didn't even go look at it before replying. :001_07:

It is indeed right there, front and center!

When I think of cream I think of something in a tube, or maybe something really, really soft like TOBS or the tub of Col Conk's Lavender I have. Amaretto Speciale isn't as soft/creamy as those, but it is soft.

Top Bottom