What's new

Your shaving stick end-of-life routine?

No matter how tall and proud a shaving stick might be when it comes into the world, eventually it ends up being shorter than a small pile of coins. What do you when it reaches this sorry state?

- Flush it down the loo after a short but moving eulogy, not realizing that it will shortly begin a new life as bath soap for a race of mutated sentient sewer rats that appreciate cleanliness?
- Drop it on the palm of your hand and keep using it until what's left is so slight that it slips into Ant-Man's quantum realm?
- Mash it up with other stick fragments to create your own frankensoap abomination?
- Add it to your growing collection of mouldy soap disks stuck in the dark corner of a drawer somewhere?

An inquiring public wants to know! Or at least I'm reasonably curious, given that my Palmolive stick is about to slip below the height of its own plastic base.

I use my shave sticks until they disappear into the base. I dig it out with a nail file & use the rest until its down to a small sliver & then pitch it. I don't like to waste shave soap.

Learned on here... wet the stub and stick atop another soap stick. I've a wider then most stub with holder that i use to receive those other stubs that eventually come along. May take a few tries to get a good glue job but it will hold.

dave

Learned on here... wet the stub and stick atop another soap stick. I've a wider then most stub with holder that i use to receive those other stubs that eventually come along. May take a few tries to get a good glue job but it will hold.

dave

Now that sounds excellent - just graft it onto the new one, with no waste at all.

dave

This is what I do with the Irish Spring bar soap in my shower as well. I'm on my first stick of Arko and hadn't thought that far ahead but I'll likely do the same thing.

All my sticks get smashed into a bowl. So when it runs out, I just smash a new one into the bowl. I'm not a fan of rubbing a hard stick of soap on my face then rubbing my face raw lathering it up.

When the stick gets too small to use as a stick, I add the remainder to a bowl. Then I start a new stick.

I put all of my odds and ends in a jar and when I have enough I make a frankensoap. My last such soap consisted of Williams and De Vergulde shave sticks together with some Tabac and MdC soap. I grind all of the soaps in a grater mix it and either make another soap stick or put it in a tub.

I don't want to sound profligate, but I just toss the damn thing.

The three syllable word threw me for a moment. After looking it up I thought, huh, that works. So I’d have to give this post a +1. It’s a little dab of soap...who cares.

Id just squish it into a mug and load it into a brush. Honestly, I do this with all of my shave sticks: I cut them into coins with a knife and squish them into a mug.

dave
Waste not, want not. Back in the old day's nothing got wasted.

Clayton

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

I put all of my odds and ends in a jar and when I have enough I make a frankensoap. My last such soap consisted of Williams and De Vergulde shave sticks together with some Tabac and MdC soap. I grind all of the soaps in a grater mix it and either make another soap stick or put it in a tub.
Frankensoap is the best shaving soap.

Clayton

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

I do number 3, after I’ve done number 4. The frankensoap was not an abomination. Turned out to be a very good performing soap.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pried the last of my LEA stick from its holder and mashed it to the bottom of my G5 scuttle. In this state it becomes easy to see how hard a soap it actually is. As it dries, it shrinks away from the scuttle. I can pick up the curved disk and load from the convex side.

Top Bottom