What's new

Just like Grampa used to shave

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I think that nurse won the Academy award? I got plenty of smiles.

I was told once you reach 50 you did not have to grow up, and speaking of nurses when I had my HA ours on the ward wanted us to exercise. And she was trying to tell us how it was done. I just piped up and said well you could get down on the floor to show us. her reply was dressed like this I just said whats the problem, I'm married not dead yet...….
The ward was in uproar and a very bright red faced lady nurse......:001_302::001_302::001_302::001_302: But I did suffer afterwards..

FarmerTan

Yes, we nurses have super powers! It is a thing of beauty to see a 90 lb nurse take a guy down 4 times her size in the psych ward!

Of course, it's all relative. I've seen 90 lb, 90 year young ladies not be affected by some of the same meds!

Moral of the story: a ticked off little old lady can be tougher than a linebacker!

oh yes she made me pay to my wife's delight, I had to have the daily ecg well she stuck 3 times the amount of pads on top of my hairs. Then the wife had fun pulling them off.....

FarmerTan

Yes, women RARELY have to shave their own chest, so they try to hurt us when they can.

Never believe us nurses when we say "you won't feel a thing" because we might just be tired of you pushing your call button!

No, seriously, I've seen more nurses than I can count cry over their patients. I have no idea how anyone could be a burn unit nurse.

Yes, women RARELY have to shave their own chest, so they try to hurt us when they can.

Never believe us nurses when we say "you won't feel a thing" because we might just be tired of you pushing your call button!

No, seriously, I've seen more nurses than I can count cry over their patients. I have no idea how anyone could be a burn unit nurse.

Not shaving related, but I remember one nurse coming into my room right after I was admitted to a ward right after surgery, and saying "I bet you don't remember me!" She had first cared for me about 7 1/2 years earlier.

Unfortunately, I had a common reaction to the anaesthetic right about then, and she had to do a quick two-step backwards as my projectile vomiting proved that I did indeed remember her.

FarmerTan

Not shaving related, but I remember one nurse coming into my room right after I was admitted to a ward right after surgery, and saying "I bet you don't remember me!" She had first cared for me about 7 1/2 years earlier.

Unfortunately, I had a common reaction to the anaesthetic right about then, and she had to do a quick two-step backwards as my projectile vomiting proved that I did indeed remember her.
Oh, until the powers that be take this thread down I don't care where this thread goes. You may have noticed I'm part Beagle. I love going down rabbit trails!

FarmerTan

My "shaving like grampa" is on hiatus, as I am on holiday and didn't feel like using my shedding brush. Though I am using Arko while here, and though I have no idea what soap they used, I suppose it could have been the soap given to us by Zeus. Or Thor?

FarmerTan

I'm back from vacation! I found a Fatboy while on holiday, but he was in the antique store and not the beach.

A Fatboy on the beach is actually easy to find, unfortunately. I've even found him in the mirror!

Anyway, the razor was quite clean, and I used it tonight, of course with Arko, this being August. But I used it with my bent bristle, shedding Marvy brush.

I face lathered, of course, and jumped right in with both feet. I set the Fatboy on 5 and watched my angles. The blade was my GSB, which performed wonderfully with shave number 42. I can't believe it delivered a BBS shave.

This was my first time with a Fatboy. Color me impressed! Very well balanced for such a short, stout fellow.

FarmerTan

Nicely done.
Welcome back
Thank you. And also for being my Arko dealer, lol! My cheap self would have probably never bought less than 12 sticks, and the War Department would have considered that a pre-emptive strike, and I'd be living on the streets if it weren't for you. Or worse!

FarmerTan

New adventure to be related to you all later this evening! Stay tuned!

FarmerTan

Too tired to do this right, but I had mentioned somewhere on B&B that I was gifted an OC Gillette from @Tanuki, and @nemo generously mailed me a made in Great Britain Wilkinson Sword! He said it would impress in my new razor,and he was right on.

I have had a mustache since I started on a CPAP machine in the winter. My upper lip was breaking out, and the 'stache cured it. But it started driving me nuts, so this AM I ran the clippers over it and decided now was the time to break out the Wilky.

I rubbed Arko on my face, and took my science experiment of a Marvy brush and whipped up a truly wonderful lather. So nice, that when I finally get tired of that shedding monster I think I will use a brush given me by @shavefan in the same manner. With his permission of course?

Anyway, incredible, 2 pass DFS. Even the area under my nose escaped without a nick. Hopefully I won't break out from the CPAP!

Another ramble: I decided today I don't think I will ever chase a BBS again. On the rare occasion I succeed, it just means I have no reason to shave the next day.

Anyone else come to the same conclusion?

Apologies for y'all having to put up with my ramblings, Dave

FarmerTan

I have four shaves to report on. Maybe just 3? Getting old is a pita. I'll report all the excitement in a bit, when I get home from pretending I'm an exterminator.

He may still be exterminating and hasn’t made it home yet. That, or the old age caused him to forget where home is. Lol.

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019

FarmerTan

Man, have I got a report.
I found out last night where the mice have been getting in at a friend's. From the basement to a too large hole cut for a dryer vent. Now I'll have to fix that with some aluminum flashing and spray in foam stuff.

Back to the shaves: So the English Wilkinson Sword from @nemo has been used three times, each in the old Gillette LC. Wonderful blade. I'm pretty sure my medium but very grey/white beard hasn't hurt the blade any. I think it will outlive me. Delivers a very nearly BBS shave without much effort. I used the brush from @shavefan and haven't rinsed it yet. It has a combination of Arko and Cella I believe. Hasn't dropped a bristle yet. It's a boar, I believe, and is breaking in nicely.

The other blade I've used recently was from @geneaut . He felt sorry for me and sent me a Silver Star, and another blade I'll report on later.

Initially I wasn't impressed by the Silver Star. Seemed to pull a tiny bit on both of it's first two uses. After today's third shave, I found out it was user error.

The first two shaves were with bowl lathering and some of the same soap combo I mentioned above, same brush, but my 1962 Gillette Tech was the razor. They both produced a nice clean shave, but nothing special.

Then today! I was running late for church and decided to shower shave. I used some old Nivea shave cream and just slathered it all over my face. I used the Tech and a nice plastic handheld mirror.

Wow! I did a two pass shave and a little bit of touch ups. BBS shave without trying. Just rubbed my handsome (trust me on this) face, and 13+ hours later it still feels nice enough that I won't have to shave tomorrow if I don't want to.

I thank you all for your generosity, and for those of you who are still reading this, you should go to a less boring thread!

LOL. I recently replaced my dryer vent hose from the same type of incident. They even chewed through my vent hose. I just used the spray foam since I already had a couple cans from doing some spots in the garage.

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019

Top Bottom