What's new

Best Wholly Kaw scent....

i got a sample of WK royal mayfair. maybe its a bad batch or something, but the soap sucks. the later is wack. barely any slickness to it. very little latter compared to MDC and dr harris.i tried it three times already same result. i did a face lather and bowl lather but got the same wack result.

I have smelled a dozen of their scents and just finished a full tub of Fougere Bouquet. I can’t recommend it highly enough. One of the few if only scents I didn’t tire of.

Pasha's Pride and King of Bourbon are my favorite scents... and the new Buffla base is a noticeable step up from the previous base.

I smelled most of these at the Maggard meet, and after having used a sample of Noce Di Cocco, I just had to have a tub of only that one. Love the light and fresh clean scent of coconut, which is perfect for summer. It's just a "feel's good" scent for me.

Sandhurst is one of my favorites now. After smelling the soap I bought the EdT.

I’ve reordered Fougere Bouquet twice (I also have that EdT), I’ve never even come close to tiring of this scent after several years of using it. Sri was shooting for a Fougere Royale with it and stopped tinkering when he hit on this formulation. I also purchased Fougere Royale after learning that was the inspiration for this scent. When my current tub of FB is gone, I’ll reorder again; permanent place in my rotation.

Fougere Parfait is delicious and very reminiscent of Brut; and Fern Concerto is also a great scent, with the added benefit of the synthetic menthol...I’ve found German Pitralon to be an amazing pairing with FC.

In general I prefer lighter citrus scents and really hate complex cologne scents. I suspect that most everyone has their own unique scent profile. Consistent with my general profile, I really like Lav Sublime and Pompelmo. I have been disappointed so many times by the more complex scents that I wouldn't even consider purchasing one without taking a sniff first.

I just received a tub of MERCHANT OF TOBACCO - I knew it smelled like chocolate something or other when I ordered it.

What I get from the scent upon opening the tub is tootsie rolls. Don't get me wrong - tootsie rolls are easily one of my top 3 candies, but I don't think I want to be shaving with that scent through an entire 4 oz. tub....as it is too sweet for me to really enjoy (if that makes any sense)?

I am almost positive that KING OF BOURBON will be a scent that I love, but I already have ARIANA & EVANS - VANILLE DE TABAC.

Anyone out there that has tried both that can tell me if they are different enough scents to own them both?

I have both WK King of Bourbon and A&E Vanille de tabac, and to my nose, they don't smell alike. I find VdT to be a bit more pleasant (then again, I'm a big fan of Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille). KoB is definitely more complex and an overall stronger scent. I find it to be similar to Gratiot League Square from Declaration Grooming/Chatillon Lux.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Anyone tried Padre Leone? Not anymore in production, but really complex and interesting scent.
Padre Leon is very nice, a bit like King of Oud and King of Bourbon, but not overpowering and more mild musky/leathery/woody scents. It is available, then it isn't. Last time I checked it had become available again at Maggard’s. Get some samples at Maggard’s or go to the WK site and specify which samples you want in the comments section. I wish I had gotten a full size tub of this instead of KOO since KOO is very intense and got tiresome after 10 shaves.

Top Bottom