What's new

Don’t need any Girly Man Pistols

upload_2019-5-19_9-53-25.jpeg

theres a reason why the vast majority of miltary and police in the world carry 9mm pistols.

logistics > . <

My preference is a WWII issued 1911a1. Colt series 70 slide, tight barrel, mid length hammer, and commander hammer...
But it’s STILL a mil-1911 at heart!
Carry it almost every day. If not that then a Security Six or G26 (sorry but clothes dictate it), or a Redhawk. The 357 and 44 come with SWC’s. No need for JHP with those!

View attachment 974663
S&W 629. .44 Magnum
R. Grizzle Holster

View attachment 974666
Ruger SR 1911 .45 ACP
Milt Sparks Holster
View attachment 974664
Ruger SR1911. 10mm
Milt Sparks Holster

View attachment 974667
Ruger GP100.. .357 Magnum
Milt Sparks Holster

I suppose there’s a valid place in the world for little Mattel-like teeny tiny handguns and plastic holsters you can wedge in your pants. They certainly are popular. But....
Who out there subscribes to the school of thought which DEMANDS
a big, Steel & Wood, large bore, “Don’t mess with me” handgun as an EDC weapon?
I humbly suggest considering something along these lines.
Each can be used for every day use.
And...the mere vision of such an awesome weapon is a
LOT more intimidating than your average .380 pop gun.

That Ruger GP100 is nice! My favorite caliber, it can do everything.

I’ve got a loaded Springfield in .45 that the parked finish shows tons of wear from carry. It’s my favorite.

I would proudly carry everyone of those 'open carry.' Regardless of losing the advantage of surprise. I just wouldn't care. They look that good.

Awe heck, all of those will conceal just as easy as the rest. ...But I could see the idea of wanting to be proud and loud showin' them off!

That IS correct, Bond use a "skeletonized Beretta .25."
If you don't think a .25 has any power ... shoot one without hearing protection.
It's a fine bear pistol: wait 'til the bruin seizes you, then fire that .25 off next to his ear. He'll drop you.
AA

Once had to go where someone shot an electric meter. The round went through a Lexan (tm) cover, keyholed into an LED screen. Most of the screen was still functioning. The electronics were undamaged, and was able to extract a reading. The round was still in the LED screen. Range was from two to ten feet due to how the meter was situated.The bullet was still in the LED screen. Put calipers on the bullet: It was a .25. That always comes to mind when someone mentions .25 rounds. Wasn't impressed to say the least.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Once had to go where someone shot an electric meter. The round went through a Lexan (tm) cover, keyholed into an LED screen. Most of the screen was still functioning. The electronics were undamaged, and was able to extract a reading. The round was still in the LED screen. Range was from two to ten feet due to how the meter was situated.The bullet was still in the LED screen. Put calipers on the bullet: It was a .25. That always comes to mind when someone mentions .25 rounds. Wasn't impressed to say the least.

The caliber, no; but the Beretta Jetfire- pretty neat. Never jammed.

AA

I like my girly man .380. It's tiny and svelte like Salma Hayek, and with 15 total rounds of +P fluted bullets, I think it'll get the point across.

There are people who will laugh at carrying anything less than an arsenal on their hip for self defense and I usually carry either a 1911 CCO .45ACP or Glock 19, both in Milt Sparks leather.

However, for the past thirty something years, I've carried a .22 Magnum North American Arms 'Mini-Mag' in an IWB when conditions necessitated it.

Ask yourself a question... would you like to get hit, up close by a .22 Magnum round? 😉

I don't think so! Be safe out there!

20191029_094515.jpg

20191029_094620.jpg

Top Bottom