What's new

Gunbelts. Maybe not as simple as you think

I currently wear an IWB leather holster from crossbreed, as well as a 1.5” crossbreed belt. Both were from crossbreedseconds which offers a great discount for only cosmetically deficient goods.

Looking into something a bit thinner that breathes. This Florida heat makes me not want to be wearing a leather holster. Looking at Alien Gear.

Looking into something a bit thinner that breathes. This Florida heat makes me not want to be wearing a leather holster. Looking at Alien Gear.

Assuming yours is kydex on leather, I’m not sure you’ll find a thinner holster. I’ve never seen a thinner full leather or full kydex IWB holster. It’s plenty warm here too, and it’s just something I’ve learned to put up with. I doubt Alien gear will be thinner, just more capable of noticeably soaking up sweat maybe

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have a couple Tagua holsters but have not been very impressed by them so far.
Have had mine about a week. It's for my Ruger LCR .357, and is pretty much broken in. Absolutely delighted so far. Rides nice and high.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I ordered a basketweave 1.5" pants belt from The Beltman the other day to go with my El Paso Saddlery basketweave holster for the .41 mag. and didn't think anymore about it.

Got a phone call from Dave that owns the company this afternoon. He said he'd emailed me about concerns over the size I'd ordered compared to the pants size I also put down and hadn't gotten a response. I don't check my email but maybe once a month.

I told him I have one of his bullhide belts in black, and that I'd measured it properly. He was really concerned. He said the way I measured it was correct. He said the belt should be here in about a week, and I said I had an El Paso holster for my snubby on the way and his belt should be here before that.

He took the time to talk a bit and he said that he had heard El Paso Saddlery puts out good stuff but had never seen any of their work. I told him they do excellent work and about their products I have, but that his are good also. We chatted on the phone for a bit. We also talked about business ownership and being attached to a cell phone by umbilical cord.

He has my business for life.

Last edited:
I have five of The Beltman's works from 10 years ago. Three very nice horse dress, and two bull inch & half. Aside from the fact they all need a polish, they're as good as they were the day I received them. Seriously, these are hand-me-downs to the next generation. Well, if there was one and they had as big a waist as I have. Nowadays I hang my pants on one belt and use another for the on-the-waist if I'm not shoulder carrying.

I purchased this at an Amish bridle shop a couple weeks ago. Buffalo leather. It is actually thicker than my gun belt and made to be reversible.

IMG_20190912_083857.jpg

I recently purchased a Galco 1 3/4 inch Instructors (non reinforced) belt which is working very nicely for a Serpa Lvl III used with SIG 226/229. Turned out well and is comfortable over slacks with a separate dress belt.

I have two Beltman’s, one for work and one for home, which I think they may bury me in.

I've 5 from the original Beltman, made 10, 11 years ago... That leaves 4 for following generations to be buried with! (And they'll be there!) Darn nice work.

The folks who've taken over Beltman apparently apprenticed before they were allowed to take over the Business. That speaks well for the chance the product will be as good - if not better - as the standard they were asked to achieve.

Top Bottom