What's new

That’s it, we’re doomed!

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Glock is like a cockroach. Man, they are everywhere. :)
Yes indeed ... but, look for these three things:
1) Negligent discharges
2) In rare, extreme circumstances, caliber shortcomings ... e.g., barrier penetration
3) There are going to be some fine .357 Sig trade-in pieces available to the general public. :)
PS: Love my Glock 20 & 31 and of course, my Sigs

shoelessjoe

How common is this? And what causes it/them? I've always thought of Glocks as being safe. I'm a mostly recreational shooter so my knowledge is limited to range use and internet research.

“How common is this”?
Have at it: glock accidental discharge statistics - Bing

“What causes it/them”?
IMO, not the inherent design of a Glock (or VP9, or Shield, etc...), but rather, the sheer number of Glocks out there in the hands of negligent, inexperienced, undisciplined, untrained or poorly-trained folks carrying, handling or shooting Glocks.

“How common is this”?
Have at it: glock accidental discharge statistics - Bing

“What causes it/them”?
IMO, not the inherent design of a Glock (or VP9, or Shield, etc...), but rather, the sheer number of Glocks out there in the hands of negligent, inexperienced, undisciplined, untrained or poorly-trained folks carrying, handling or shooting Glocks.

..True to an extent. There are many documented cases of experienced law enforcement officers (among others) who wound up shooting something they were not intending with a Glock in hand. Conversely..I know of similar incidents where the firearm in question was a 1911.
To paraphrase a quote from John Bender (Judd Nelson) in “The Breakfast Club”....
“Screws fall out all the time. The world is an imperfect place.”

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Ah. There's worse things.

Be pretty funny if they were switching to Taurus Judge revolvers or Walther PPK, etc.... Gummint contracting.

AA

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
..True to an extent. There are many documented cases of experienced law enforcement officers (among others) who wound up shooting something they were not intending with a Glock in hand. Conversely..I know of similar incidents where the firearm in question was a 1911.
To paraphrase a quote from John Bender (Judd Nelson) in “The Breakfast Club”....
“Screws fall out all the time. The world is an imperfect place.”

Please define, "experienced" law enforcement officers. :)

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Please define, "experienced" law enforcement officers. :)

You know who they are, probably better than a lot of people.

Negligent discharges have been going on forever. Take Jesse James for instance.

7. His nickname was “Dingus”.

He reportedly earned the nickname after shooting off the tip of his finger while cleaning a pistol. Because he didn’t like to curse, he said “That’s the dod-dingus pistol I ever saw”.

heard about the expectation of certified used 357 sigs 21 days after buying mine... oh well, I understand most of those will be 229's - makes me glad I wanted the 226 in the first place. I think I foresee another new compact in my future. What I find a real shame is so many of the vendors don't let you pick an choose. I'd prefer SRT... might even find a 239 if I'm lucky :)

In my admittedly limited experience the top causes for negligent discharge are complacency and inadequate training.

Complacency could be viewed as a byproduct of inadequate training in most cases.

Not something you'd THINK was going to be a problem with Secret Service agents, but I guess they're human.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

shoelessjoe

Still trying to figure out exactly what happened with the FBI Agent on the dance floor...
lol ... the agent doesn’t do a backflip & there’s no ND! It’s my understanding that the clown threw his hands up & left the dance floor singing or wishing, as it were, “If I had a hammer...”

Next to my 1911 CCO... my Glock 19 3rd Gen is my go to pistol, totally reliable, accurate, easy to carry and most of all... it can shoot 115, 124, 147gr FMJ, JHP, and very hot loaded 124gr +P+ Buffalo Bore Extreme Penetrator ammo. It was called... Compact Perfection... with sixteen rounds. GREAT PISTOL!

Top Bottom