What's new

SR math

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Ice-man,

I cannot allow you to suffer, please send it to me for proper disposal.

Sally says I can continue acquiring until I can't fit the razors and my socks into my sock drawer. Glad I'm not that fond of socks.

Well someone should have warned me about SR math. I’ve been using a SR for only about a month and a half and I now have my original GD a Bismarck a wade & butcher four syn stones and a strop. This stuff is addictive.

Hey be warned, this stuff is addictive!

Has anyone introduced you to the endless natural sharpening stone options? Those can get addictive too.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Well someone should have warned me about SR math. I’ve been using a SR for only about a month and a half and I now have my original GD a Bismarck a wade & butcher four syn stones and a strop. This stuff is addictive.

What! All the rest of us limit ourselves to just the essentials.
  • One straight razor.
  • One stone (usually a mystery stone inherited from a relative).
  • A strop we found in an attic.
  • One puck of soap.
  • A decent brush.
  • Whatever aftershave we got for Christmas that one year.
We're all minimalists. You must have gone way astray from the B&B way.

Happy shaves,

Jim

What! All the rest of us limit ourselves to just the essentials.
  • One straight razor.
  • One stone (usually a mystery stone inherited from a relative).
  • A strop we found in an attic.
  • One puck of soap.
  • A decent brush.
  • Whatever aftershave we got for Christmas that one year.
We're all minimalists. You must have gone way astray from the B&B way.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Yes that is true Jim per day :001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2: From your collection.....

I'm still going to school at the ripe age of 65 to teach pre-teens and barely-teens. Who wants to talk issues?

I counted my straight razors once, and somehow I felt a bit guilty. I should have known better, I felt the same way when I counted my safety razors. Already been there once, I knew just what to do. I closed the drawers and went out looking for another one. Cheers me up every time.
:a29:

I counted my straight razors once, and somehow I felt a bit guilty. I should have known better, I felt the same way when I counted my safety razors. Already been there once, I knew just what to do. I closed the drawers and went out looking for another one. Cheers me up every time.
:a29:

Razors are like birthdays. There comes a point when you stop counting.

The trick is to avoid eBay and badger and blade. Basically just lock yourself in your home . No internet no antique shops. Never look at the " what straight did you use today " thread. I started out thinking 100 dollars was crazy for a straight razor . Let's just say I'm beyond crazy now. Good luck

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Sally says I can continue acquiring until I can't fit the razors and my socks into my sock drawer. Glad I'm not that fond of socks.

Have your ankles tattooed in an argyle pattern and get more razors!

Top Bottom