What's new

Just won this. Will it butterscotch?

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
No, this one is a modern resin and will stay in the ivory color, no butterscotch will develop over time

Thanks guys! Was looking for one for a long time and happened to see it in a quick search. Seems to have flown under the radar because only one other person bid on it .

I think thats an older Somerset era brush in a modern vulfix Simpson's box. You can tell from the lampblack and the circular markings on the bottom of the handle which were I believe the 'signature' of a particular member of staff at the old somerset factory. Amazing buy, congrats.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I think thats an older Somerset era brush in a modern vulfix Simpson's box. You can tell from the lampblack and the circular markings on the bottom of the handle which were I believe the 'signature' of a particular member of staff at the old somerset factory. Amazing buy, congrats.
I have a Rover from the same time, and it also has these circles on the bottom, I like these, and whenever I re-create a Rover, I put them also in it.

Ahh I didn't know about the importance of the circles. Just thought they were part of the lathe process. Very cool!

Top Bottom