What's new

Sig P365 vs. Glock 43X Which do I like better?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Sold my P365 today. The flat trigger didn’t change anything in the function except maybe in giving my trigger finger a lower leverage position. Which seemed to increase perceived muzzle flip.

I really liked the design and idea of the 365, I just couldn’t get past the magazines hitting the heel of my hand and needing to strip the magazine out with my left hand on a speed reload before reaching for a fresh mag.

The Glock 43x while still ultra slim, ultra lightweight and ultra compact, provides a full grip while maintaining adequate magazine capacity and a flush magazine. This allows a drop free magazine for a proper speed reload.

This, along with Glocks reputation for ultra reliability and ultra ruggedness, makes it a no brainer for comfortable, everyday, concealed carry. The P365 is the first Of Many Sig Sauer models I have ever wanted to own and other than the issue with reloads seemed perfect to me.

But in this comparison, the Glock 43X wins out for me. I may just follow @Intrigued ‘s lead and go get me the Sig P320X Compact and compare it to my Glock 19.

Last edited:

OkieStubble

I look forward to your evaluation of the P320X.

Me too. :) Right off the bat comparisons:

1. The XCompact is taller then my Glock 19

2. My Glock 19 is longer at about an 1/2 inch?

IMG_0388 (1).jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

“I really liked the design and idea of the 365, I just couldn’t get past the magazines hitting the heel of my hand and needing to strip the magazine out with my left hand on a speed reload before reaching for a fresh mag.”

You are correct. Just about anyone with a larger-than-Barbie sized hand can experience some problems here. But where there is a will, there is a way.
Solution I found to be most satisfactory is to punch the eject button with my left thumb. Magazine drops straight out. The microsecond it hits my hand really is no issue because now I’m immediately moving to grab the spare magazine.
Mountain and Mohammed situation.
Works for me.....
Truth be told...I really have to pick up a Glock 19 Gen. 5 someday soon.

“I really liked the design and idea of the 365, I just couldn’t get past the magazines hitting the heel of my hand and needing to strip the magazine out with my left hand on a speed reload before reaching for a fresh mag.”

You are correct. Just about anyone with a larger-than-Barbie sized hand can experience some problems here. But where there is a will, there is a way.
Solution I found to be most satisfactory is to punch the eject button with my left thumb. Magazine drops straight out. The microsecond it hits my hand really is no issue because now I’m immediately moving to grab the spare magazine.
Mountain and Mohammed situation.
Works for me.....
Truth be told...I really have to pick up a Glock 19 Gen. 5 someday soon.
G5 MOS....really good.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Ah. RDS????????????????????

AbE: Think I figured that one out. Red Dot Sight?

Last edited:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Okay, gotta ask. MOS????

Since I don't use optical sights I was wondering about that also...until I looked it up. It's nothing more than a cut milled in the top of the Glock slide that you can mount an optics plate in. Wilson milled the rear of the slide on my 1911 to accommodate a Bo-Mar low mount fully adjustable rear sight.

Ah, the good ol' days. But the Swede's legacy carries on.

The Evolution of the Custom Combat .45

Closest I have to Combat Model is veteran status. My picture taking skills suck. A previous owner had the early one bright blued, but that got me a pistol at a price I can afford, so I can't gripe too hard.

1911 is Colt 1917 production.
1911a1 is a wartime Ithaca
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

OkieStubble

That's why I like the idea of you getting the Springfield you want for retirement...a 1911 with all the custom touches right out of the box.

Not too long now. As of this Thursday, I will have been at it for 22 years.

Pushing for 26, so 4 more to go. I’m getting tired.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I'm 33 years in my profession. The other day someone said "Hey, I thought that you retired!" I said "No, I'm just tired, not retired!"

Top Bottom