What's new

Which One

B

Barney14

I have a choice of shaving creams, which brand would you recommend and which scent.

Taylor of Old Bond Street

Proraso

Vulfix

D R Harris

I have only used 2 of the creams listed, Proraso and Taylor of Old Bond Street. ToOBS for sure. It is easy to use(making lather & slick) and there are a number of scents to choose from.
These are the scents I prefer:
Royal Forest
No. 50
Mr. Taylor's
Platinum
St. James
Coconut

There are sampler sets that are available which can really help you dial in preferred scents too.

Much prefer TOBS and Harris to the other two, in terms of performance and scent, personally.

TOBS: Royal Forest, No.50
Harris: Windsor, Sandalwood, Arlington

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I’ve only used Proraso Green Tube and love it. So that would be my choice for now.

I know that sounds obvious and possibly sarcastic, however, it’s the best way I can describe it other than fresh and mild.
I believe you. I’m always curious on this cream, but not enough to blind buy it. I do like strong scents and most say that this is mild. I’m not sure I would like a strong avocado smell though. I have never heard anyone say they don’t like the scent.

Does it smell like guacamole? Avocado?

The Avocado cream, ironically, has no real avocado scent component. It is a cucumber forward scent with a healthy dose of musk and some other green components. It smells really fresh and is my favorite TOBS.

Top Bottom