What's new

Which cartridge razor/disposable razor did you use today and how many shaves?

Contour / Cien Twin (14)

After 14 full head and face shaves the Cien Twin is just starting to fall away now.
That’s a great performance especially considering the carts work out at <10p each!

Sensor Excel (3)
682590BC-610A-4F85-B238-CE36B8B48640.jpeg

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Gillette Skinguard / 12

I think the blade is starting to lose some sharpness The last two shaves have not been as comfortable during the shave. It feels like the blades have dulled a bit. However, the shave still seems as close and comfortable as always. Zero post shave irritation. So I'm going to ride this one out and see if it will make 20 shaves or not.

20190726_155541.jpg

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Contour / Cien Twin (14)

After 14 full head and face shaves the Cien Twin is just starting to fall away now.
That’s a great performance especially considering the carts work out at <10p each!

That's probably about 25 face shaves. If it were any more affordable, they'd be paying you! LOL

Bic Flex5 Hybrid (2). Two shaves in and I'm digging this razor so far. Today's shave with TJ's honey mango cream was really close, almost on par with my best DE shaves.

Gillette Skinguard / 12

I think the blade is starting to lose some sharpness The last two shaves have not been as comfortable during the shave. It feels like the blades have dulled a bit. However, the shave still seems as close and comfortable as always. Zero post shave irritation. So I'm going to ride this one out and see if it will make 20 shaves or not.

View attachment 1002329
12 is maybe not that bad but I hope you manage at least 14. Think we should expect at least 2 weeks preferably a month from these modern blades.

@mjclark On average, how long have the carts lasted for you? If I can get at least a week on average, then I may have found a Mach 3 replacement.
I haven’t pushed the Flex5 yet to see how far it will go - I’ve had three shaves with two different carts and my first impression like yours was that it was excellent. Easily as good or better than the Fusion.
I think @Chandu has got 10+ shaves from other Bic Flex carts so that’s very promising.

Bic Flex 2 Hybrid (1)

Nice 2 pass shave WTG/XTG got me to CCS/DFS territory.

Paired with Stirling SDM and Dickinson’s WH as aftershave, my face still feels great going on 10 hours.

This is only my 3rd or 4th shave with these razors but I’m liking it so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I haven’t pushed the Flex5 yet to see how far it will go - I’ve had three shaves with two different carts and my first impression like yours was that it was excellent. Easily as good or better than the Fusion.
I think @Chandu has got 10+ shaves from other Bic Flex carts so that’s very promising.

I am on my first cartridge with the Flex 2 and I'm at 10 or a few more if you count back of neck shaves in the shower. I need to get back to that and finish it out.

Bic Flex5 Hybrid (3)
L'Occitane Cade soap
RazoRock BC Silvertip Plissoft brush
L'Occitane Cade ASB

Another great shave for the third outing and just as effortless as the first shave. The blades don't feel quite as smooth as the Mach 3 or Fusion, but they are by no means rough and they don't feel like they are losing much sharpness at all. The pivot works well and actually feels like it's contributing to the shave, keeping the cartridge to the curves of my face.

I'm pretty happy with this razor so far, which is a good thing; I took a chance when I bought the razor and ordered extra carts off Amazon along with the handle. I wish I could find the carts by themselves locally, all I see on the shelves are the handle+carts packages.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Gillette Skinguard / 13

Seemed fine today as far as cutting not tugging, etc. Used the Clubman Classic Barber Shave Cream. It's a brushless and it it works very well. It's non lathering, so if you insist on a brush and lather, it's not for you.

I like lather and a brush at times, but if I really distill things down to what is needed, it's something to help hydrate or soften the whiskers and something to provide slickness for the razor to glide.

It's fun to have a play with soaps and mixing up lather, but to have a great shave, it's not needed. The essentials are a sharp blade, hydration, slickness and that is it in my opinion.

Also the Clubman can be rinsed off the razor easier than most brushless which is a plus. Any excess on the face can be wiped off or rubbed in. Leaves a nice face feel.

Schick Ultra Plus X / Original Contour (3)
061EB453-6B64-48F9-96A8-15E07969848A.jpeg

I’m surprised by how much I like the Ultra Plus X.
It looks disconcerting but once you hold it in your hand you appreciate the genius of it.

I’m also surprised by how amazingly sharp this original Contour blade is.
It was made in the Gillette factory in Isleworth c.1980
I was at school in Isleworth then and saw that factory every week day so I was sitting in a classroom less than a mile away from it when this cart was made.

40 years later and 300 miles away me and this cart are reunited!

Top Bottom