What's new

Thoughts on ARKO

This is weird, I just finished shaving and the first topic I see at the top of the page is about Arko. I have a half stick of Arko that I haven't touched in over two years. For some reason I thought I'd dig it out of the soap drawer and try again this morning. I still don't care for the smell, but wow did I get a really close shave. This makes me wonder again on how much the right soap contributes to getting a bbs shave. I've been using SV soaps exclusively this year, but I think this morning's shave with Arko is closer than what I get with SV. Maybe I should pull Arko out from the depths of the soap drawer and use it more often. Naw, I don't think so.

Nothing weird. Arko shaves my whiskers as close as any of my best performing soaps.

If your ok with the scent and post shave, it's a great value. Hence the following it has.

This is weird, I just finished shaving and the first topic I see at the top of the page is about Arko. I have a half stick of Arko that I haven't touched in over two years. For some reason I thought I'd dig it out of the soap drawer and try again this morning. I still don't care for the smell, but wow did I get a really close shave. This makes me wonder again on how much the right soap contributes to getting a bbs shave. I've been using SV soaps exclusively this year, but I think this morning's shave with Arko is closer than what I get with SV. Maybe I should pull Arko out from the depths of the soap drawer and use it more often. Naw, I don't think so.

Load your brush with your favorite scented soap.

Put Arko directly on your face as directed.

Build an amazing scened mountain of lather AND enjoy the best shave of your life.

I haven't used Arko since the dead of winter when my lathering skills were way below average. I was overloading it to a pasty consistency and it was always very drying. I may need to give it another go during the month of August.

It was the Hittites that first formulated Arko in 1600 BC

When the Hittite empire fell in 1180 BC the formula for Arko was lost to the ancient world.

The Greeks ruled, unshaven, up until Cyrus the Great conquerors the area with his Persian army. Unbeknownst to most, a hitherto unknown Hittite Greek parallel text containing the long lost Arko formula was discovered in a cave near the Dardanelles. This resulted in the previously scruffy, unshaven Persian army to support their famously envied BBS faces, gleaming in the sunshine to dazzle their enemies and assisted them in conquering the known world.

All was well and DFS and BBS prevailed until Alexander the Great conquerors the Persians in 334 BC when one again 5 o'clock shadow descended upon the world under Greek occupation.

Once the Roman's arrived the Greek/Hit/Arko tablet was taken back to Rome where Julius caesar pronounce "it's all Greek to me". There it remained until 330 AD when the emperor Constantine decreed Constantinople the new Capitol of the Roman empire taking the Arko formula tablet with him.

The sacred Arko formula was locked away from the world.

It would not emerge again until 1520 AD when Suleman the Magnificent becomes the leader of the Ottoman empire when BBS and DFS once again became the the norm of the civilized world.
And the rest, as we say, is shaving history.

proxy.php

This is possibly one of the best things I’ve ever read.

Top Bottom