What's new

Thoughts on ARKO

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
@Tallships : the Tall Ships are in Saginaw Bay, not far from my home. Me and the family are going to see them tomorrow, if the weather holds!

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I never understood why people hate this smell. I could see being less than thrilled by it. But to me, at worst it smells like Ivory, though better.
I find it has an almost pepsin-like fragrance. Akin to wintegreen, it's very refreshing.

You sound like a good candidate for Arko August! ;)
Beware of Arko and you’re mental health..... Why?

proxy.php

I’ll find out very soon what The hubbub is all about thanks to @FarmerTan.

But I can’t help but thinking this is karma for daring my little brother to eat a bug. It kinda feels the same. [emoji1787]

I must be strong though and forge ahead into battle. Will I be victorious or will I succumb to the oft proclaimed King of the Truck Stop Bathrooms? We shall see.

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019

FarmerTan

I’ll find out very soon what The hubbub is all about thanks to @FarmerTan.

But I can’t help but thinking this is karma for daring my little brother to eat a bug. It kinda feels the same. [emoji1787]

I must be strong though and forge ahead into battle. Will I be victorious or will I succumb to the oft proclaimed King of the Truck Stop Bathrooms? We shall see.

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019
Yes.

ALWAYS take big bites. Before you know it you'll be toothless, and it becomes hard to even live on the nibbles, let alone thrive.

@Tallships : the Tall Ships are in Saginaw Bay, not far from my home. Me and the family are going to see them tomorrow, if the weather holds!

Love those old ships. I Build plank on frame model tallships, some take a year to build. Working on the Flying Cloud Clipper ship. Enjoy your visit to the Tall Ships.

FarmerTan

Love those old ships. I Build plank on frame model tallships, some take a year to build. Working on the Flying Cloud Clipper ship. Enjoy your visit to the Tall Ships.
Thank you sir! If we make it today I will report.

I have read Arko helps with a great shave, but I am curious how good it is for your face. Isn't it based on animal fat? How does that affect ones complexion, signs of aging, etc?

It was the Hittites that first formulated Arko in 1600 BC

When the Hittite empire fell in 1180 BC the formula for Arko was lost to the ancient world.

The Greeks ruled, unshaven, up until Cyrus the Great conquerors the area with his Persian army. Unbeknownst to most, a hitherto unknown Hittite Greek parallel text containing the long lost Arko formula was discovered in a cave near the Dardanelles. This resulted in the previously scruffy, unshaven Persian army to support their famously envied BBS faces, gleaming in the sunshine to dazzle their enemies and assisted them in conquering the known world.

All was well and DFS and BBS prevailed until Alexander the Great conquerors the Persians in 334 BC when one again 5 o'clock shadow descended upon the world under Greek occupation.

Once the Roman's arrived the Greek/Hit/Arko tablet was taken back to Rome where Julius caesar pronounce "it's all Greek to me". There it remained until 330 AD when the emperor Constantine decreed Constantinople the new Capitol of the Roman empire taking the Arko formula tablet with him.

The sacred Arko formula was locked away from the world.

It would not emerge again until 1520 AD when Suleman the Magnificent becomes the leader of the Ottoman empire when BBS and DFS once again became the the norm of the civilized world.
And the rest, as we say, is shaving history.

proxy.php

I have read Arko helps with a great shave, but I am curious how good it is for your face. Isn't it based on animal fat? How does that affect ones complexion, signs of aging, etc?
To answer your question, yes, Arko has tallow. Lots of us prefer a shave soap with rendered animal fat as a primary ingredient. I find those soaps to make slicker, more stable lather, and I like fewer/simpler ingredients in my shave soaps.

Top Bottom