What's new

Should Razorock make a clone Gillette Hybrid?

Just curious. These razors are so rare and are known as such great shavers. Should Joe make a clone for cheaper, would you buy one? Thoughts ?

Of course I would buy one in Stainless Steel or brass. Should they make one? Difficult question. The .68 has become one of my most used razors. The .84 is great when need something stronger. I have a Jaws on the way. I am not sure if they need to make a clone, their current offerings are pretty great. All that said, it would be interesting to see how it would sell.

Are you doing research on Joe's behalf?
Are you affiliated to RR company?
I am Joe actually! You caught me... Nope. Just thinking , the Lupo was made on a user recommendation and the Hybrid is a damn rare razor that will only get more and more expensive. Thought I’d open it up for discussion.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I think that if HT was more available it would be just another really nice Razor ,the RFB is basically the Hybrid Tech with teeth and it doesn't cost as much.
In other words you are paying for the rarity of the razor not necessarily the mythical shave
In my opinion anyway .
Is it a nice shaver.....sure but so is the Game Changer

Last edited:
R

romsitsa

It's not really rare, it just has a higher market price. But it shouldn't be cheap, the original retail was around an Aristocrat as it was a high end offering of the British company.
To replicate the shave for cheap, pair a flat bottom Tech handle and plate with a New (or early Tech) cap.

Adam

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not really rare, it just has a higher market price. But it shouldn't be cheap, the original retail was around an Aristocrat as it was a high end offering of the British company.
To replicate the shave for cheap, pair a flat bottom Tech handle and plate with a New (or early Tech) cap.

Adam
Cheap? Aren’t RFB’s going for $100 + ?

Cheap? Aren’t RFB’s going for $100 + ?
Keep an eye out on the Buy Sell Trade forum and you might be surprised that you can find a good deal. I sold a #44 RFB in the past couple of months for $55 delivered.

As for the Hybrid Tech, it has a lot to do with supply and demand, but also the quality of the shave. Just because something is in limited supply doesn't mean it is worth buying. I will also add that just because the Hybrid Tech works for me doesn't mean it works for everyone. Like many razors you have to find what blade, soap etc works in that particular razor. A member tipped me off to using an Astra SP in my HT and it was a perfect match. I believe members around here refer to it as YMMV.

A clone would be interesting, but if you have never tried a Hybrid Tech and then you get to use a clone, who cares? You will not know what you are comparing to so there really is no upside to trying a clone. Just my opinion.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Keep an eye out on the Buy Sell Trade forum and you might be surprised that you can find a good deal. I sold a #44 RFB in the past couple of months for $55 delivered.

As for the Hybrid Tech, it has a lot to do with supply and demand, but also the quality of the shave. Just because something is in limited supply doesn't mean it is worth buying. I will also add that just because the Hybrid Tech works for me doesn't mean it works for everyone. Like many razors you have to find what blade, soap etc works in that particular razor. A member tipped me off to using an Astra SP in my HT and it was a perfect match. I believe members around here refer to it as YMMV.

A clone would be interesting, but if you have never tried a Hybrid Tech and then you get to use a clone, who cares? You will not know what you are comparing to so there really is no upside to trying a clone. Just my opinion.
And it's a valid opinion. But my main question, being a cheapskate, is this: can a clone come in at under 30 bucks? I need to get this razor past the War Department.

And it's a valid opinion. But my main question, being a cheapskate, is this: can a clone come in at under 30 bucks? I need to get this razor past the War Department.
I have a feeling the War Department has Special Ops with highly sophisticated surveillance and intel on your $$$ spending. :tank:

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I would think that it would be closer to the price of the Game Changer, around $67.if it was made of stainless steel .

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I would think that it would be closer to the price of the Game Changer, around $67.if it was made of stainless steel .
That will NEVER get past the War Department. Dang.
I have a feeling the War Department has Special Ops with highly sophisticated surveillance and intel on your $$$ spending. :tank:
She LITERALLY has me locked out of PayPal. My dyslexic, slow bleeding brain also has no chance of remembering passwords. Long story short: my brain IS her special ops, lol.

D

dangerousrazor

Adam

Was it that expensive? If you have any reference, could you show me the link? I have never seen a hybrid tech ad.but I have seen tech FB ad and it want expensive. I am very curious

Top Bottom