What's new

Declaration B8

Here is the response from Scott regarding the darker hair:

“This particular batch has more black hairs then usual. They’re not inverted hairs (the other end of badger hair is white and extremely blunted due to being cut). These hairs are hairs that were either not bleached or not sorted out at the factory when they were bundling the hair for shipment. In all of my assessments of this hair I have not found those hairs to be prickly nor impact performance. For B8 this is normal – if they were inverted hairs they would be extremely noticeable.”

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Here is the response from Scott regarding the darker hair:

“This particular batch has more black hairs then usual. They’re not inverted hairs (the other end of badger hair is white and extremely blunted due to being cut). These hairs are hairs that were either not bleached or not sorted out at the factory when they were bundling the hair for shipment. In all of my assessments of this hair I have not found those hairs to be prickly nor impact performance. For B8 this is normal – if they were inverted hairs they would be extremely noticeable.”

So basically he is saying that it was the hair that he received and didn't think to mention it before offering the B8 for sale. But now it's how all the b8s are.

Here’s my single black hair in the BE HT1. Fantastic brush, certainly never leaving the den - but there is a stray in the knot.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Wrong. I have a Black Eagle HT1 and it has zero upside down hairs in it. It is pure white.
I do have an Eagle, Christmas brush 2018, and yes, it has black hairs showing. I do not see this as a bad sign, as most all brushes I have seen or had in my hands have them. My Paladin, my Plisson, Thaeters, Shavemacs, Simpsons, Vielong, Simfix, Semogue have them. So, no problem.

FWIW, I just received a new B7 knot (in an Elite handle) and there was just one dark
hair. When I tugged on it, it came right out.
Beautiful knot. Cant wait to take it for a spin.

RIMG0872.JPG

Top Bottom