What's new

Advice re: Boar Knot Source

I recently bought a handful of brush handles and I'm thinking that I should add a boar to one or two. Does anyone have advice as to which vendor provides the best boar knots? Options I have found thus far:

Shave Forge on Etsy
Whipped Dog
The Golden Nib

I'm mostly a badger guy but I really love my Semogue Owners Club. For me, it's dense, has decent length but also still has very good backbone. So something similar to that is what I'm looking for.

Also, does anyone know if there is a vendor for horsehair knots?

Thanks!

I have experience with Whipped Dog … I really enjoy my 24 mm boar brush from him. Average backbone so the tips don't splay out too much. soft and a nice massage type feel. I think I've got maybe 50 uses on it and I still think the tips have more splitting to do , but even now it's wonderful and comfortable.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

And my 24 mm Whipped Dog boar does resemble my Semogue owners club in Face feel, and splay and softness. FYI.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

I have an Omega 10275 with a banded boar knot and seven months in this brush its one of my favorites. The brush is on the small side but holds a lot of lather for its size. The tips split wonderfully and is now very soft with good backbone. Got it from WCS for $10 and doesn't break the bank.

I have an Omega 10275 with a banded boar knot and seven months in this brush its one of my favorites. The brush is on the small side but holds a lot of lather for its size. The tips split wonderfully and is now very soft with good backbone. Got it from WCS for $10 and doesn't break the bank.
And to your question - I purchased a finest badger knot for an EverReady handle from Shave Forge and coldn't be happier with it. I'm sure their boar knots will be just as good in quality.

And to your question - I purchased a finest badger knot for an EverReady handle from Shave Forge and coldn't be happier with it. I'm sure their boar knots will be just as good in quality.
Thanks. Their UHD Finest is very reasonably priced.

Vigshaving offers horse knots. I haven't tried them though. I am happy with their boar knot so far, but have only recently gotten it.

They have some offerings on Amazon, Ebay, their .com website, and most offerings at aliexpress.

Vigshaving offers horse knots. I haven't tried them though. I am happy with their boar knot so far, but have only recently gotten it.

They have some offerings on Amazon, Ebay, their .com website, and most offerings at aliexpress.

I'm not fond of my Virginia Sheng horse knot. It is far too floppy. Vi Long is much better.

My Whipped Dog Boar after one break in use. It’s already crazy soft and has a ton of backbone.

Attachments

• 973DA846-7EBF-45C3-B1AB-6607421132F7.jpeg
    973DA846-7EBF-45C3-B1AB-6607421132F7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
Top Bottom