What's new

My First Ever Resin

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I made this 3 years ago when I first started turning so it is one of the first Brushes I ever made . it is a Horse Hair 23.5 mm. I bought the blank from a Estate sale, the guy used to make pool cues . I gifted it to @bakerbarber .
I was going through some old pictures and found this :) Thought you would like to see it @FarmerTan
_SWR2126.JPG
_SWR2127.JPG
_SWR2135.JPG

Beautiful colors. That would have made a gorgeous Billiard cue but piece and collars. Mix that with some nice dark wood and a white linen wrap. Then put a predator z shaft on it. I digress.
I used to play 9-ball on the BCA pool league. So I started envisioning what a cue could have looked like with that for accents.

As a brush it is gorgeous. Love the shape and color.

Well stated! I could not think of what it was that brush reminded me of, but that was it!

You're welcome, I'm glad you agree. I love it when great minds think alike,
I've recently had all my thoughts copyrighted, I will be sending you an invoice for $5 for the use of my thought.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
You're welcome, I'm glad you agree. I love it when great minds think alike,
I've recently had all my thoughts copyrighted, I will be sending you an invoice for $5 for the use of my thought.
I thought your thoughts were priceless :)
That hair looks like one of my neck dusters, lol. So did you turn it?
Yes it was one of the first things I put on my lathe.
Although, as you know, I prefer wood, that is a really great looking brush.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Me too Chris, the beauty of the grain is what does it for me.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Beautiful colors. That would have made a gorgeous Billiard cue but piece and collars. Mix that with some nice dark wood and a white linen wrap. Then put a predator z shaft on it. I digress.
I used to play 9-ball on the BCA pool league. So I started envisioning what a cue could have looked like with that for accents.

As a brush it is gorgeous. Love the shape and color.
They hade a full table of cues in different stages of completion ,The man was a super Craftsman. This was 3 years ago before I even had a lathe, I went to the sale because they were selling his 2 lathes.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
We can just start a running tab, you can just settle up when you feel you've gotten a good value.
Lol, you'll never get a dime that way! Just ask the War Department, she'll be quick to tell you I think more highly of myself than I ought!

Top Bottom