What's new

DFW Get-together?

For location, I am thinking someplace in Arlington, near 360 and either 20 or 30. Anyone have suggestions or rathers(rather than Arlington)?

Unless work gets in the way, I’m in for any location on that that day and time. Arlington is good for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The get together will be o the 10th of August at 2:00pm. The is Joe's Pizza, Pasta, & Subs (JOE's Pizza-Pasta & Subs) near 20 and 360 or perhaps Denny's (Denny's - 839 N. Watson Road, Arlington, Texas (TX)) near 30 and 360.

I'm open to other suggestions as well. Just make sure they're open when we are meeting. :001_huh:
Don't want a repeat of last time.:001_unsur

Not going to poll this one. Too open ended.
Clay, I have noted the date and time. Please let me know of the final location when determined.

IMG_20190702_142623077.jpg

I'll be giving away this Graydog handle that I knotted with a black badger knot at the get together. I have two other Graydog handles which I enjoy a LOT, and want to share the wealth.

CustomBoars.jpg

i still want to drive up from Austin, and i guess that location is better than most for me, and the time is good, i can drive up and back the same day. i will be curious how many will be there. what will most people want to see? and will there be someone there that can teach me a bit about Straight razors? (honing and stropping in particular) historically i have a lot of old Schick, Gillette and Gem, but have decided to learn Straight shaving. i am doing fine with a Feather AC, and can shave with my straight, but cant get it as sharp as i would like.
i know at a previous one there was some interest in trying to Tobac aftershave, which i have as well. i expect i could load up most of that i have and share if there is anything people would want to see.

Last time I went, there were several people that used straights, so there should be someone there that can help. I’ll try to answer any questions that I can, but I am new to straights.

I don’t have much to bring with me this time. I just have samples to put in the PIF pile.

i still want to drive up from Austin, and i guess that location is better than most for me, and the time is good, i can drive up and back the same day. i will be curious how many will be there. what will most people want to see? and will there be someone there that can teach me a bit about Straight razors? (honing and stropping in particular) historically i have a lot of old Schick, Gillette and Gem, but have decided to learn Straight shaving. i am doing fine with a Feather AC, and can shave with my straight, but cant get it as sharp as i would like.
i know at a previous one there was some interest in trying to Tobac aftershave, which i have as well. i expect i could load up most of that i have and share if there is anything people would want to see.

The first get together had a good showing of around 8-10 with about half being Straight users. The next only had 4 people with I think me being the only Straight user, novice at that. So it is hard to tell. I do have 2 pieces of ~12"x3"x1" Acrylic I'll be bringing for anyone that want one for lapping film. Also some samples of soaps, and soaps I don't like to PIF. I'll also bring some brushes for people to look at.

I am interested in smelling the Tobac. I've never have tried the soap and assume they smell similarly. Bring what you think will interest others, or things you want to show off! :)

Top Bottom