What's new

RazoRock Switch

RazoRock Switch arrived today. I am out of town this coming week and will give it a go next weekend. I took some artistic license and snapped the pics with no blade loaded. I did not like the original handle so I substituted a Battle Brother's Black Ops handle.

2019_Jul_13_8107_LR.jpg
2019_Jul_13_8115_LR.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Please, PLEASE let me know how you like it. I saw it on their site and was instantly smitten!

Just ordered both website says there's 1-2 days shipping delay due to backlog.
Also why each comes with the different handle length?
Still can't understand why would they have 2 websites

I hope you know that your top photo demonstrates the wrong way to use it in that configuration. The bottom part of the razor should be against your skin, not the top part.

You are right... I was trying to angle it up to get more light on the razor for the shot. Again, no blade allowed for some liberties. We shall see tomorrow. I am not sure if it is a gimmick or if it will actually produce some good results. I am primarily interested in using it on my neck.

First shave was DFS. Personna Red, Tabac stick, and Yaqui synthetic. The first two passes, WTG/ATG, I used the razor traditionally. It was relatively mild and paired well with the Personna. For neck cleanup I changed the razor to the straight mode. It performed ok.

It did a good job but not a lot beyond a regular DE. In fairness I think using it a few times will make the grip more comfortable and intuitive. The handle feels thin, light, and cheap. I much prefer the Battle Brothers I added. I am writing this at the airport and only have access to the original picture shown above (with the BB handle).

I found converting the razor mode to be a bit cumbersome during the shave. The razor is not bad and for some folks the conversion feature may be a real winner... but not for me. I will not be keeping this razor but I will not return it. In fairness it is exactly what RazoRock said it was and exactly what I was expecting.

I will drop a few bucks for the experience of using the razor... fair enough.

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
First shave was DFS. Personna Red, Tabac stick, and Yaqui synthetic. The first two passes, WTG/ATG, I used the razor traditionally. It was relatively mild and paired well with the Personna. For neck cleanup I changed the razor to the straight mode. It performed ok.

It did a good job but not a lot beyond a regular DE. In fairness I think using it a few times will make the grip more comfortable and intuitive. The handle feels thin, light, and cheap. I much prefer the Battle Brothers I added. I am writing this at the airport and only have access to the original picture shown above (with the BB handle).

I found converting the razor mode to be a bit cumbersome during the shave. The razor is not bad and for some folks the conversion feature may be a real winner... but not for me. I will not be keeping this razor but I will not return it. In fairness it is exactly what RazoRock said it was and exactly what I was expecting.

Good review. But you haven't dissuaded me from getting one!

I used mine for the first time this morning as well. I did the opposite: I started in straight/shavette mode first and then did my final pass in normal safety razor mode.

The razor is very light. I obviously knew that going in, considering it's aluminum, but when it's in your hand it's very apparent. I have never used a shavette or the Razorine before so trying to use it light a straight was a very new experience for me. I found it to be very do-able for a first timer like myself. My only issue was trying to get the angle right while looking in the mirror. That should get better with practice.

I thought it shaved very comfortably on the final 'traditional' safety razor pass.

I think you made a good decision with swapping the handle. I don't like smooth handles but I did like the length.

I'm not sure if I"ll keep this. Like you, I was more curious about it than anything. I may eat 5 or 10 bucks and pass it along but it was worth it. But I might keep it as it may be useful in edging if I ever grow a beard again. We'll see

Next up for tomorrow: Lupo!

I used mine for the first time this morning as well. I did the opposite: I started in straight/shavette mode first and then did my final pass in normal safety razor mode.

The razor is very light. I obviously knew that going in, considering it's aluminum, but when it's in your hand it's very apparent. I have never used a shavette or the Razorine before so trying to use it light a straight was a very new experience for me. I found it to be very do-able for a first timer like myself. My only issue was trying to get the angle right while looking in the mirror. That should get better with practice.

I thought it shaved very comfortably on the final 'traditional' safety razor pass.

I think you made a good decision with swapping the handle. I don't like smooth handles but I did like the length.

I'm not sure if I"ll keep this. Like you, I was more curious about it than anything. I may eat 5 or 10 bucks and pass it along but it was worth it. But I might keep it as it may be useful in edging if I ever grow a beard again. We'll see

Next up for tomorrow: Lupo!
The Lupo is very easy to edge a beard with I think most anyone would find .

After using mine a few times I like it.

The handle is skinny and being aluminum it is a very light razor. These are traits that work for me and I find it to be a super maneuverable razor, but others may not be a fan. I find the head of the razor just a little bulky, but not enough to be a problem and that's also countered by the light weight. I am a fan of the black finish.

Does putting it in "shavette" configuration really add anything? Maybe not, but it works just as well. It's a little awkward at first, but fun to try something a little different. Especially for one like myself, with no intention of going down the rabbit hole with shavettes or straight razors.

It's an interesting razor because while I won't say it produces a terribly aggressive shave I was surprised by the amount of blade feel against my face and audible feedback.

I've only used it four times and with the same Nacet blade, so opinion still building. Current thinking is, it's not a "wow, must buy," but is a quality razor at a fair price and I am enjoying it.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
After using mine a few times I like it.

The handle is skinny and being aluminum it is a very light razor. These are traits that work for me and I find it to be a super maneuverable razor, but others may not be a fan. I find the head of the razor just a little bulky, but not enough to be a problem and that's also countered by the light weight. I am a fan of the black finish.

Does putting it in "shavette" configuration really add anything? Maybe not, but it works just as well. It's a little awkward at first, but fun to try something a little different. Especially for one like myself, with no intention of going down the rabbit hole with shavettes or straight razors.

It's an interesting razor because while I won't say it produces a terribly aggressive shave I was surprised by the amount of blade feel against my face and audible feedback.

I've only used it four times and with the same Nacet blade, so opinion still building. Current thinking is, it's not a "wow, must buy," but is a quality razor at a fair price and I am enjoying it.
Well put

Same here, my primary reason for buying one was curiosity. The performance for me wasn't my favorite, I too won't be selling mine, but it probably won't be used as much either.

Now Lupo on the other hand..

Top Bottom