What's new

PRO KISSAKI B&B

I don't know anything about the razor, but enjoy the journey. Straight razors can be addictive, in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Made of high speed steel and the razors I have got have all been badly warped.
I suggest you to stay clear from them.

I don't know anything about the razor, but enjoy the journey. Straight razors can be addictive, in my opinion.
Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yup this will be my 2nd attempt my first was not to far of target but my hand made razors (5160 steel) never got honed properly so they just look cool I did achieve a DFS with one of mine but that was it yup I forged them!
Made of high speed steel and the razors I have got have all been badly warped.
I suggest you to stay clear from them.
so these are just RSO's too bad how do they compare to the infamous GD?

Yup this will be my 2nd attempt my first was not to far of target but my hand made razors (5160 steel) never got honed properly so they just look cool I did achieve a DFS with one of mine but that was it yup I forged them!
so these are just RSO's too bad how do they compare to the infamous GD?
Well, the gold dollars aren't that warped. But they do need alot of steel removal. Spine needs to be grinded down quite abit before you get an acceptable bevel angle. Those are the gold dollars 66 though, the newer gold dollars don't have the same awful bevel angle, I have heard, so I'd look for a newer gold dollar model.
Gold dollars are fixable, pro kissaki razors are not fixable. In my experience.

Well, the gold dollars aren't that warped. But they do need alot of steel removal. Spine needs to be grinded down quite abit before you get an acceptable bevel angle. Those are the gold dollars 66 though, the newer gold dollars don't have the same awful bevel angle, I have heard, so I'd look for a newer gold dollar model.
Gold dollars are fixable, pro kissaki razors are not fixable. In my experience.
thanks!

Top Bottom