What's new

Colonial Razors

This chatter about "angles -- and whether "steep" or "shallow" is amusing to us old pros. After more than 60 years of shaving -- and. almost all of it with a blade -- we know when the blade is cutting beard, and when it is not. And, not by looking -- but rather by the sound, and by the feel.
bmwlaw
You've got me by about 10 years, and I completely agree with you. In fact, the few times I tried to pay attention to the angle I wound up cutting up my face.

This chatter about "angles -- and whether "steep" or "shallow" is amusing to us old pros. After more than 60 years of shaving -- and. almost all of it with a blade -- we know when the blade is cutting beard, and when it is not. And, not by looking -- but rather by the sound, and by the feel.
bmwlaw
I giggled.

Had a FB convo with Kyle Friday and it would seem that a V2 is back in the works but the prototype won't be in his hands until May. This is what he had to say...

"We changed our mind after loving how sleek version 2 will be. A totally different experience. New handle with grip points. Better rigidity. I think we will wow some people when we unveil it."

Had a FB convo with Kyle Friday and it would seem that a V2 is back in the works but the prototype won't be in his hands until May. This is what he had to say...

"We changed our mind after loving how sleek version 2 will be. A totally different experience. New handle with grip points. Better rigidity. I think we will wow some people when we unveil it."

I would say that's some really great news!!!!!:a50::a50::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Great news if it comes to pass. It’ll be hot cakes I’m sure!

That makes more sense to me. Colonial have a good name in the SE market. Why dabble in a overcrowded DE maze.

That makes more sense to me. Colonial have a good name in the SE market. Why dabble in a overcrowded DE maze.
Oh no... The DE is still very much a priority 1 for them at this time and there will be more down the road. Of course none of this will happen until the prototypes hit sometime in May though so realistically neither will make it to market until June to August.

Great news they’re working on both a de & ac v2. I wish them the best, & will be patient while they work to get it to their expectations.

I answered the question in another thread but I know from a FB message I received from Kirk that the V2 was to move forward after the Silversmith DE is mfg'd and released which I think was sometime in August... This should probably put its release sometime around the end of the year for the V2.

Newsletter release states within the next month the General V2 should be available for consumers. There are a bit more details in the newsletter but, that's about all in a nutshell. Good news indeed....

This was put in another thread - i’m Sure you are all aware, but thought i’d post in case anyone missed it

Newsletter from colonial went out today

General v2 is released tomorrow at $185

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
This was put in another thread - i’m Sure you are all aware, but thought i’d post in case anyone missed it

Newsletter from colonial went out today

General v2 is released tomorrow at $185

The new on 9-14-19 AC General.

I think mine cost me $65 (new) in SS, but it's the old version (pictured below).

General.640.7-18.JPG

I'm good.

If the new one is actually improved it might be worth the price (but I'm good with mine).

Their DE will also be released 9-14-19. Looks nice to me.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Yea...at these new prices and particularly with that handle, I’m not a buyer. I was hoping they’d have stuck with their $100 range or even less.

@GearNoir & @GuybrushThreepwood
At first I was a little thrown of by the price when I saw it but then 2 factors stood out as I read the specs... The V2 is now 316 SS and made in the USA unlike the V1 which was made in China!! The brothers Evans are very much in line with the market on this new offering and if it weren't for the fact that I am set with the last razor I'll ever buy, I would definitely be in line for the V2 because I'm sure its an even better shave than the V1 was!!

@GearNoir & @GuybrushThreepwood
At first I was a little thrown of by the price when I saw it but then 2 factors stood out as I read the specs... The V2 is now 316 SS and made in the USA unlike the V1 which was made in China!! The brothers Evans are very much in line with the market on this new offering and if it weren't for the fact that I am set with the last razor I'll ever buy, I would definitely be in line for the V2 because I'm sure its an even better shave than the V1 was!!

The problem is it’s not a new product and they already set a precedent with their first razor offerings. This latest wave (the DE and this) they’ve suddenly jumped in price, almost double, but it’s questionable as to if they’ve added the value. Sure the razor handles have some more intricacies (I dislike both new handle designs), chosen better materials, and fidgeted with specs a little...that might permit a very incremental price increase.

Let’s not forget though that other companies are producing similar quality razors for about 1/3 the price.

Top Bottom