What's new

From Shipping Pallets To Shave Storage!

Very nice. I admire you handy guys. Not only is your work good, but you have a great imagination to come up with the design.

Man this thing is awesome!

I really want one! She’d never let me put it in the bathroom tho lol

Really cool thing, great work man!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
That is fantastic. Well thought out and for a novice you should be very proud of yourself. Well done
Jeff. :a14::a14::a14:

Really awesome project and result! How many pallets did you strip to find the wood you used? Anything i’ve made from pallet wood has been really ugly because the wood is either really flimsy, broken, or cracked. Amazing result though and i especially like the lemon wood inserts!

I don't think I'm going overboard by stating definitively you guys kick ***! LOL

Thank you guys so much for your resounding, positive support!

MacDuff, the majority of the pallet wood came from two pallets--just select planks, not the entire pallets. Like you said, there were some planks that were split or way too warped to feasibly use. As it is, if you look at the left side (the one with the brushes) you can see the twist in the board, something I didn't really notice until I went to attached the tower assembly to the base. One of the risks of working with weathered wood.

Four of the shelves are from an old gate slat, and two piece of the base are from a larger piece of kitchen cabinet shelving left over from when I had some work done in my small kitchen.

Had I nicer or fancier tools I could have done a much more refined job on the aesthetics. But the whole point was to make use of repurposed wood, not to have something properly angular and true. I think the results speak well to the ultimate purpose.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Had I nicer or fancier tools I could have done a much more refined job on the aesthetics. But the whole point was to make use of repurposed wood, not to have something properly angular and true. I think the results speak well to the ultimate purpose.
The aesthetics are just perfect for what you've done. Looks both wonderful and practical.

looks great, and maybe you should think about making more of them and selling them, and or making other variants of them, pretty cool if you ask me

My ego thanks you all . . .LOL! You guys rock! :punk:

Andromeda673, I too think it would be cool to make different variants (although not much different). I don't have much left of the lemon tree, though, but surely I could scrounge up other tree bits somewhere. The downside is that while I really like the result it was a lot of work over a few month--an hour here, a couple hours there. To go through that much work and have one sell for maybe in the neighborhood of $100 or so (I can't see anyone paying much more than that . . . I could be wrong, I'm going by my own cheap-o-meter) doesn't seem a proportional balance.

Having said that, to get some money and result in making someone happy is priceless. So it's still an option worth considering :001_smile

Top Bottom