What's new

Grooming Dept club

What an incredible shave I had today - the best one in a while. The scent was delightful in the bowl, but the lather was "How did he do that?" superb. The Wholly Kaw AS was strictly for fun - I love the WK Fougère Bouquet - but my skin already felt wonderful after rinsing off the residual lather, and BBS smooth too.

proxy.php

Thank you Mohammad!

Grooming Dept Asinus - Been away from the Grooming Dept for a while. Also used the pre-shave. Delivery met my expectations. Performance was outstanding. Will try to pick up a couple more tubs when they are available

The sandalwood sounds awesome, but I'm really happy I went for the Frankinlime. I've used it only twice, but I can already tell it will be among my favorites. The scent is a superb rendition of lime. Not candied at all. And not super complex. More of a refreshing, straightforward lime, to my nose. And the donkey base is right up there with the best.

But yeah, if I can get the sandalwood from WCS, I will jump on it.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
What an incredible shave I had today - the best one in a while. The scent was delightful in the bowl, but the lather was "How did he do that?" superb. The Wholly Kaw AS was strictly for fun - I love the WK Fougère Bouquet - but my skin already felt wonderful after rinsing off the residual lather, and BBS smooth too.

proxy.php

Thank you Mohammad!
Used Cascade myself today, as you said this is an incredible soap, superb shave. Scent-wise, its for me a very nice subdued citrussy scent, I did not get the pepper note. Love it. So far, two hits out of the park with the sandalwood and this one, tomorrow is Frankenlime day...maybe its a third home run...

I have been getting great shaves using PAA's Cube as my pre-shave and have been holding off on trying the generous PIF I received from @Macduff until getting through wedding-heavy June. The last wedding until August is this coming weekend, but I just could not hold out any longer and this morning I took the plunge.

Metal: Fresh Feather loaded into Feather AS-D2
Brush: Super Plush synthetic
Soap: MdC Rose

I followed the directions to a T using cold water. The cedarwood and lime scent is pleasant and subtle. I was concerned the fragrance would not pair well with my soaps, but it was quickly overwhelmed when I started face lathering. The shave was smooth and comfortable, particularly so when shaving ATG on the neck. During the final rinse after three passes, I was simply blown away by how soft my face felt without the slightest trace of discomfort or stray whiskers. 5 star (out of 5) BBS!

I did not think GD Pre-Shave could live up to its hype as a game changer, but I am pleased to declare this spectacular product will be a permanent fixture in my shave routine.

An extra special thank you to @Macduff! Less than week after the re-stock, only one flavor remains on the website. Given my participation in this month's GRUME, I may have had an extremely disappointing July 1.

Used Cascade myself today, as you said this is an incredible soap, superb shave. Scent-wise, its for me a very nice subdued citrussy scent, I did not get the pepper note. Love it. So far, two hits out of the park with the sandalwood and this one, tomorrow is Frankenlime day...maybe its a third home run...
i shaved with Cascade yesterday and also used the Spearmint pre shave with an ATT SE2 and boy did it tame the Feather Pro blade with immense glide . The scent was citrusy but not over empowering and it left a nice residue . My face is still almost BBS and its 11am over here. 14 hours later !!!

i shaved with Cascade yesterday and also used the Spearmint pre shave with an ATT SE2 and boy did it tame the Feather Pro blade with immense glide . The scent was citrusy but not over empowering and it left a nice residue . My face is still almost BBS and its 11am over here. 14 hours later !!!
Cascade has me skipping a shave today . That hardly ever happens to me

I’m predicting a grand slam with Frankinlime. That donkey base is the best soap base I’ve ever used.

I have been getting great shaves using PAA's Cube as my pre-shave and have been holding off on trying the generous PIF I received from @Macduff until getting through wedding-heavy June. The last wedding until August is this coming weekend, but I just could not hold out any longer and this morning I took the plunge.

Metal: Fresh Feather loaded into Feather AS-D2
Brush: Super Plush synthetic
Soap: MdC Rose

I followed the directions to a T using cold water. The cedarwood and lime scent is pleasant and subtle. I was concerned the fragrance would not pair well with my soaps, but it was quickly overwhelmed when I started face lathering. The shave was smooth and comfortable, particularly so when shaving ATG on the neck. During the final rinse after three passes, I was simply blown away by how soft my face felt without the slightest trace of discomfort or stray whiskers. 5 star (out of 5) BBS!

I did not think GD Pre-Shave could live up to its hype as a game changer, but I am pleased to declare this spectacular product will be a permanent fixture in my shave routine.

An extra special thank you to @Macduff! Less than week after the re-stock, only one flavor remains on the website. Given my participation in this month's GRUME, I may have had an extremely disappointing July 1.

Glad you enjoy it @mumB_L_E ! I really think it’s a great product and i’m interested to see how long my tub of it lasts. Should be well over a year shaving every other day.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I'm enjoying my Frankinlime. It's a great soap base. The scent is, to me, good, but not as good as Valencia. As long as a scent isn't terrible to my nose scent means little to me unless it's a scent I love, like Valencia's scent, or a scent that grows on me to the point I crave it, like King of Oud's scent.

Frankinlime is a very good GD soap, but I like most all the recent GD soaps I've tried very much. I can't say Fl is particularly unworldly compared to newest group or as compared to most GD soaps I've tried. They're all very good.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
So, Frankinlime today. Scent is great, very nice lime scent. From the performance point of view, it is the third of the three. Both the Sandalwood and Cascade did give me a better cushion and glide. I think this is not a bad soap, but there are a few of the GD's I have that are much better.

Cascade this morning. Unbelievable soap base and a great scent. The lather, shave and post are unmatched. Can’t wait for Sandalwood to hit WCS.

May 2017 Mohammad improved wet shaving immensely and GroomingDept just keeps getting better and better.

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
deciding which of his soap is best is like trying to deciding who prettier Ann Margret or Sophia Loren or Raquel Welch

and yes I'm that old
now get off my lawn

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
deciding which of his soap is best is like trying to deciding who prettier Ann Margret or Sophia Loren or Raquel Welch

and yes I'm that old
now get off my lawn

Sophie Loren.

You need glasses.

Not that I'd kick any of them....well, you know.

You, sir, could be a lousy shaver and a bad person (I don't know you and doubt either) but you have excellent taste in beautiful women. Just reminding me of these three makes my day.

Happy shaves to you,

Jim

Top Bottom