What's new

Q: Jicky vs. Tribute?

The aftershave abounds, the cologne is a little harder to come by. That seems to be the case with just about all the classic Avon scents. The only actual vintage "colognes" I have in my collection are Wild Country and Oland.
As far as picking up matching colognes for the aftershaves, Tribute would definitely be one, the others being Windjammer, Leather and Everest. The aftershave versions of Tai Winds and Deep Woods work for me at a near cologne level of strength as they are..

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
That's VERY good; but I scored "Clint" cologne. :a14: In the bottle.

Rare Avon happy-dance!

AA
People used to like you.... I THINK I have some Clint in AS version around here. It is wonderful stuff. But, in my lame attempt to one up you, I have a few bottles of Tai Winds COLOGNE! It is wonderfuller than any scent on the planet. I'm rubber. You are glue. So there.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
People used to like you.... I THINK I have some Clint in AS version around here. It is wonderful stuff. But, in my lame attempt to one up you, I have a few bottles of Tai Winds COLOGNE! It is wonderfuller than any scent on the planet. I'm rubber. You are glue. So there.

Yes. Let's talk about Tai Winds. Cologne. (yawns; cracks knuckles)

Let's see. I have of course the "Planet Vulcan" classic bottle ...

full

But *also* the regular Tai Winds cologne bottle.

It is the essence of 1970s coolness, exceeding even Hai Karate, in its power to have women fight over you ...

AA

I don't know which I'd define as my most "prized" but having a few ounces of early production Mesmerize aftershave (splash not balm) is definitely one of them..

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I don't know which I'd define as my most "prized" but having a few ounces of early production Mesmerize aftershave (splash not balm) is definitely one of them..

Dang, now THAT is one I don't have - and it's got great reviews on the 'notes forum!

Hm, clicking over to the bay ...

AA

my two scents (ha ha)--I have both Jicky and Tribute and find that Jicky is spicier and warmer than Tribute. Tribute is sweeter and reminds me more of Faberge Woodhue for men than Jicky.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I've never witnessed an "Avon happy dance."
I expect that's 'cos it's so rare!

Man. If you were local, I'd take you to Other Vintage Avon Lady at the flea market.

When she sells you Avon treasure - full bottles from 60s-70s for $3 - you'll bust a move!

AA

FarmerTan

Man. If you were local, I'd take you to Other Vintage Avon Lady at the flea market.

When she sells you Avon treasure - full bottles from 60s-70s for $3 - you'll bust a move!

AA
I'm coming to visit you. I take back all my trash talk.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I'm coming to visit you. I take back all my trash talk.

I did get a Spartan head of Tribute from her ... She literally has everything.

Old and dusty, without the box. $3.

Tons of Liberty Bells full of Oland, the guitar, all the chess pieces...

AA

FarmerTan

I did get a Spartan head of Tribute from her ... She literally has everything.

Old and dusty, without the box. $3.

Tons of Liberty Bells full of Oland, the guitar, all the chess pieces...

AA
Wow. And there are probably retired Avon ladies like her all over. Or their kids are dealing with all the stuff!

I smell an Avon buying-frenzy brewing...
I just bought a small bottle of "Tribute" Cologne on ebay.
I'll dutifully report on the "high" after it arrives!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
my two scents (ha ha)--I have both Jicky and Tribute and find that Jicky is spicier and warmer than Tribute. Tribute is sweeter and reminds me more of Faberge Woodhue for men than Jicky.

Now, here we go! I was looking for that kind of comparison... Thanks.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I smell an Avon buying-frenzy brewing...
I just bought a small bottle of "Tribute" Cologne on ebay.
I'll dutifully report on the "high" after it arrives!

Yes; that dirty lemon / civet note rules! Love the stuff.

AA

Top Bottom