What's new

Do you enjoy shaving?

I wish I had more time. I really use to enjoy picking scents and matching my mood, however the speed of my life has changed drastically and now it's mostly about getting the job done.

My journey started because I have sleep apnea and I need to shave everyday to get a good seal on my mask.. I was shaving once a week because any more and I would get really bad irritation.

Now I shave every day with little to no irritation and my face has never felt better.

I love having clear, smooth, and soft skin. I did not enjoy this experience while using carts or electric razors, but most certainly do with a brush and DE razor. Maybe one day I will try other products, like straights, but for the time being am in "if it ain't broke don't fix it," mode. I have enjoyed pampering myself for several years and am much more successful in that endeavor with my wet shaving routines.

Last edited:
Shaving is "my time" . . . I find the ritual of it meditative. I like that the focus needed for a quality shave requires that I force out thoughts of other things and focus solely on the task at hand. Less so, since I stopped using straights, but the shutting out of distractive thoughts is still part of it for me. And, when everything goes perfectly, it is a rejuvenating experience that sets me up for a great day the following morning. I truly think I would be a happier person were I able to shave on a daily basis.

I sure do now. Can't see how anyone looks forward to shaving with a cart though. I would go weeks without shaving just because I dreaded the task of shaving, and when I finally decided to shave it would just not do it. Having to take 10s of strokes on the same spot. Uhhh... I am just happy that this belongs in the past.

Yes I enjoy shaving everyday! I have shaved everyday since I was an adult (thanks Basic Training) but it has only been the last 8 years that I have come to enjoy it.

I enjoy it. I enjoy whipping up lather with a brush, I enjoy having soaps and aftershaves of various scents and I love the art and skill of using a DE.
Honestly, if it were just something I had to do, Id probably use a disposable and some canned foam because it would be a lot easier, faster and cheaper.

Ambivalent, neither love nor hate it, just the part at the start of the day between showering and dressing, too often it feels like a hindrance keeping me from getting to things i want to get to.

Shave everyday... `not ritualized, festishized, spiritualized, get it done well and roll onto breakfast.
dave

I have always kind of liked wet shaving, but I used the same razor, brushless shave cream and aftershave every day and it just became boring. Now I enjoy it and look forward to it. This is more because of the brush and soaps than the razors, since I was an injector user for most of my time. But I do really like changing out the razors as well, especially with the vintage ones. I dabbled in electrics for a while, but came back. I have had my beard for over thirty years, so I just shave my neck. At this point in my life I really don't care if it is in fashion or not. The wife and daughter have actually never seen me without it. I did cut it back to a Van Dyke for a while, but the wife likes the full beard better. Even if it is just my neck, I really enjoy my morning shave!

Yes.

I shave even when I don’t have any plans to leave the house. I like to start my day with a shower and shave to get ready for the day. For the most part I shave every day, not to say I haven’t missed a day or 2 over the years. I really like shaving.

Yes, I shave everyday and enjoy the smells of soaps and the Aftershaves the most. Guess they call it aromatherapy. I mug lather and love getting my nose down in the mug about 5 or 6 times during my shave, then inhaling those aromas.

I look forward to and enjoy the entire ritual very much. I wore a beard for years and liked it, but now that every soyboy in the world is wearing one, I decided it had to go.

Anyone who shaves strictly because their significant other would not have it any other way?

My wife was on my case everytime i had any facial hair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the feel after a great shave and the lingering scent of a good soap. I also can't stand having much more than a day's growth, so whether I enjoy it or not, the hair's coming off.

Ambivalent, neither love nor hate it, just the part at the start of the day between showering and dressing, too often it feels like a hindrance keeping me from getting to things i want to get to.

Shave everyday... `not ritualized, festishized, spiritualized, get it done well and roll onto breakfast.
dave

Similar to my thoughts. I shave at night though since I started “traditional” wet shaving a little over 5 years ago. Been shaving over 35 years mostly with electric razors. When I was acquiring products it was fun trying new stuff but that has faded.

Top Bottom