What's new

I'm a peeping Tom....

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Extra fridge probably costs $150 a year to run. Freezer? Dunno.

If it does not spark joy, Kondo sez it must go!

LOL

It depends on the age of the fridge or freezer but I do take your point.
For me I buy meat by the carton and the money saved in buying it is more than offset against the added power bill. Plus when the wife visits her brother and brings home 20kg/44lb of snapper we have somewhere to put it. I'm not telling her she can't have her fish.

The key to lower power bills with a freezer is to keep them full. That way they have more thermal mass and works more efficient. If you can't keep it full with food then fill the gaps with water bottles.
That reminds me I need to pull out a lamb shoulder for tomorrow nights dinner.

Extra fridge probably costs $150 a year to run. Freezer? Dunno.

If it does not spark joy, Kondo sez it must go!

LOL

Mac my friend, unfortunately that’s just a drop in the bucket around this place. Our home is about 4,500 sq ft with 2 hvac systems, 2 kitchens, pool etc. I have a natural gas meter that could run a small McDonalds, lol. As we repair/replace things we certainly try to be more energy efficient. I do have a hot water on demand system that’s supposed to be pretty efficient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of the homes in our neighborhood have 2 car attached garages. I would guess the percentage of homes that actually keep cars in the garages is around 10%. The majority are filled with clutter and what appears to me is just plain junk. One neighbor has a older car that hasn’t run for years. It literally has become a place for them to pile all sorts of cleaning supplies and lawn products. With that said, I can only imagine how much junk is in the basements and bedrooms. We tend to throw away and donate things we don’t use. Every year we reduce and condense. I just don’t like clutter and I hate to search for things. I’m not OCD, I just see looking for a tool or something as a source of aggravation.

A hoarding mentality seems more common today because there’s more spaces to store/hide it in.

Last week I was briefly in a 1930s era apt building in E. Lansing. Maybe 600 sq ft, one bedroom unit. Charming, in a prewar way. Closet might hold three or four suits, a raincoat, and some shirts. Period.

It never ceases to amaze me how much stuff we accumulate. And most of it is never used, but rather stored. No wonder Marie Kondo is so popular.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
It never ceases to amaze me how much stuff we accumulate. And most of it is never used, but rather stored.
This is so true. I do it all the time. Now I am trying to use things that were given to me as gifts/presents so I get SOME use out of the item which was the intended purpose.

Top Bottom