What's new

Did You Know The Keys Can Come Off a Keyboard?

Yes.

My old Omnikey Northgate came with 2 types of key arangements, QWERTY and Dvorak.

AND ALPS switch type keys (klickity-klacky)

proxy.php

Our cat discovered this last night. I've already had to replace the keys twice. It's now where he hopefully can't reach it.

The backspace key broke off of one of my laptops a few years ago. I ordered a replacement key and broke it while I was trying to install it. Not wanting to order a second replacement key, I ended up carefully gluing down the little rubber cup piece that actuates the membrane switch, and learning to just push on the switch. It was annoying but I managed just fine until I eventually had to replace the laptop.

Cats are something else. We never had a cat (wife is allergic), but we always enjoy hearing our married daughter's cat stories. Her husband is in IT and keeps their pc & server room door closed. The 2 cats sit outside the door......just waiting.

I've owned pc's since '93 and have pulled keys off keyboards to blow the crumbs & dust out. I got my first mechanical Redragon (556 backlit) keyboard this past Christmas. Best keyboard I ever owned and I spilled an ale on it a month or two back. Talk about sticky keys. I had to pull all the keys off, wash them, and replace mechanical switches underneath 4 keys. Fortunately Redragon includes spare switches and it was easy to do. I'm sticking to gin while on pc. I don't spill gin.

Cats are something else. We never had a cat (wife is allergic), but we always enjoy hearing our married daughter's cat stories. Her husband is in IT and keeps their pc & server room door closed. The 2 cats sit outside the door......just waiting.

I've owned pc's since '93 and have pulled keys off keyboards to blow the crumbs & dust out. I got my first mechanical Redragon (556 backlit) keyboard this past Christmas. Best keyboard I ever owned and I spilled an ale on it a month or two back. Talk about sticky keys. I had to pull all the keys off, wash them, and replace mechanical switches underneath 4 keys. Fortunately Redragon includes spare switches and it was easy to do. I'm sticking to gin while on pc. I don't spill gin.

Back in the day (original IBM PC), you could just wash the keyboard in a bucket, blow out the excess moisture, and go back to work.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Our cat comes to the door when we come home. I like to think shes greeting us. But probably wanting food. Either way its not very cat like. I wish she went for the keyboard instead of the new couch or expensive oriental rug!

Top Bottom