What's new

Noob shaver, Timeless .68 review

Man I'll say this.....I chucked the .95 onto a little shorty Maggard's handle, got some unprecedented control, which led to the two best shaves of my life. This thing stays.

proxy.php

.95 and my Karve are my two lifer razors so far.
Yep, looks good. What's that polished SS handle, and how short?. I look at some of those handles,b don't see if they are the M5 x .8 or the 10x32 .
I've go the Timeless Barberpole As polished , big heavy ( tire thumper) handle. Kind of heavy for my taste.

Glad you have stayed with it and found improving results.

I was shaving with a Rockwell 5 or 6 plate when I got my Timeless. Went with an OC .68 stainless, scalloped cap. Sold off the long handle. I find it to be a perfect daily shaver for me. Later bought an OC .95, but didn’t enjoy it. I have other razors and straights to use when I want to play with more efficiency.

Yep, looks good. What's that polished SS handle, and how short?. I look at some of those handles,b don't see if they are the M5 x .8 or the 10x32 .
I've go the Timeless Barberpole As polished , big heavy ( tire thumper) handle. Kind of heavy for my taste.

Maggard’s MR3, razor head included, for $25 on eBay with free shipping. 98 grams, 77mm/3.03”

Plus it’s FAT. Great handle for this thing, for me at least. Really dig the control.

So far this one fits my Timeless and my Razorock stuff. Description on eBay says it’ll fit ‘Edwin Jagger, Merkur, Muhle, Gillette, iKon, Above the Tie, just to name a few).’ so I figured I’d be safe enough for fit.

Glad you have stayed with it and found improving results.

I was shaving with a Rockwell 5 or 6 plate when I got my Timeless. Went with an OC .68 stainless, scalloped cap. Sold off the long handle. I find it to be a perfect daily shaver for me. Later bought an OC .95, but didn’t enjoy it. I have other razors and straights to use when I want to play with more efficiency.

Nice, I have the .68 scalloped plate as well and can do daily shaves with that one too, but it’s a little rougher to me as a daily than the SB is.

Sometimes skip a day or two if possible on weekends; I use the .68 for those days with a couple days’ growth.

Main thing I’ve found with this razor brand in particular is the advice ‘let the razor do the work, no pressure’ to be completely apt. Once I stopped messing around with varying degrees of pressure and just trusted the razor, my results improved dramatically.

I’m a big fan of both my Timeless plates now.

Ok guys, pretty sure I found my forever setup, at least for right now lol

This is ridiculous. Shaved yesterday around 2:30pm, it’s now almost 5:30am and there’s barely anything. I’ve got a new LE soap/AS/EdP combo coming in tomorrow and was kind of dreading waiting on shaving until then; no worries as there’s no stubble right now.

I could see doing this only every 24/36 hours and being fine with it.

Man it’s awesome when you find a combo that really works for you, I’m really stoked on this setup right now!

Ok guys, pretty sure I found my forever setup, at least for right now lol

This is ridiculous. Shaved yesterday around 2:30pm, it’s now almost 5:30am and there’s barely anything. I’ve got a new LE soap/AS/EdP combo coming in tomorrow and was kind of dreading waiting on shaving until then; no worries as there’s no stubble right now.

I could see doing this only every 24/36 hours and being fine with it.

Man it’s awesome when you find a combo that really works for you, I’m really stoked on this setup right now!
Oh man that's what most of us are looking for, I think. It sure is nice when you find something that works good or great.

My Timeless knurled handle arrived yesterday. It's 85mm vs the 100mm plaid handle I had been using. It's also a little thinner, which I like. Unfortunately it doesn't fit as snugly in the Timeless razor stand, but I think I'll manage.

That handle took this wonderful razor and elevated it even farther. I feel I have more control now and can fully utilize that head. Right now my ATT has a bit more control and my Blackbird somehow gives me a slightly closer shave, but the Timeless just does everything so well.

@McNutt , that's good to hear. I've been thinking about getting one of those instead of the big old barber pole tire thumper. I've been using the titanium handle mostly though. You know I haven't even thought about the inkwell stand size.

My Timeless knurled handle arrived yesterday. It's 85mm vs the 100mm plaid handle I had been using. It's also a little thinner, which I like. Unfortunately it doesn't fit as snugly in the Timeless razor stand, but I think I'll manage.

That handle took this wonderful razor and elevated it even farther. I feel I have more control now and can fully utilize that head. Right now my ATT has a bit more control and my Blackbird somehow gives me a slightly closer shave, but the Timeless just does everything so well.

Glad to hear it worked out.....was kind of amazed at what a difference the handle made in an already good razor...took it from good to 'keeper' in about two shaves!

Top Bottom