What's new

I'm a peeping Tom....

Well, sorta. You won't find me peeping in your window. However, as I stroll the neighborhood on my morning walk, I do take considerable interest in my neighbors' garages.

Mind you, I live in a condo with only carports. But all around me are suburban homes with 2.5 car garages. And at 7:00 or 8:00 in the morning many a garage door is up, revealing the contents to all who walk by.

What is never seen in these garages are cars...or SUVs, actually. No, those reside outside. The garages are filled with bikes, badminton sets, wheelbarrows, trash cans, ladders, stacks of newspapers, big wheels, rakes & shovels, bags of mulch, lawn mowers, sawhorses, basketballs, flower pots, and old paint cans.

LMAO

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I do the same thing! A few years ago I lived in a subdivision and would occasionally take a stroll through the neighborhood. I was always amazed at the amount of junk piled in to garages. No room at all for the autos. Cars in the driveway, junk in the garage. It just became a storage shed basically.

$60,000 of vehicles in the driveway; $800 of junk in the garage. :)

Well, the car's insured. The junk likely isn't.

That, and builders are making garages a LOT smaller than they used to. I've seen some in our neck of the woods that require car owners to fold the side mirrors in before entry. Ridiculous.

A lot of neighborhoods don’t allow sheds to be built anymore, and even if they do allow it you often have to go through the hassle of a building permit, site inspections, etc..all the junk has gotta go somewhere.

My house has no garage & I wish it did. If I ever bought another house, it would have a 2 car garage and cars would get priority.

Guilty as charged.:hang:

I have a three car garage, but there is only room for one car in the garage (my wife's of course). The other two bays are occupied by a riding mower, a push mower, a snow blower, a generator, hand held blower, string trimmer, chain saw, hedge trimmer, ladders, tool chests, garden tools, bicycles, etc. My philosophy has always been to do all the maintenance work in and around the house that I am capable of doing myself. That allowed me to spend less than I made when I was still working, saving for retirement.

Unfortunately, I am getting to the age where I am no longer physically capable of doing some things I did as a young man. Thus, when things like the riding mower and snow blower break down, they will not be replaced. I will have to hire someone to do those things I once did myself. One of these days, hopefully many years down the road, I will have to pay someone to perform my daily shave. That will be a frightful day.:yikes:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Yeah, I look for sure. We don’t have a garage. We have a shed and a carport. The shed is full and we need another or a massive garage/shed sale to lessen the burden. I have accumulated far too much stuff but when out walking I notice that many others have as well. At least I am not alone.

If you looked into my open garage you would see several zero gravity recliners, a coffee table, 24" LCD TV, two pedestal fans, a fridge and an area rug spread on the floor.

And SWMBOs' car.

That's right, my smoking room is big enough to park a small car in.

Not me. We had a garage added on a few years ago. The garage is for cars. There's a garden and storage shed in the back yard. Not enough storage? The junk has to go.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
My garage is too small for both our cars, so gets used for all things man.
It's a gym / workshop / tools storage / extra fridge and freezer / seedling room / dog house........some days thats the dog others that's me. :)
Idealy I would like to have a much bigger garage for all my needs. One for the cars and all others as listed with a second storey for a man cave or guest room. But we can't always have what we want, so the cars stay outside, as I get so much more value out it how I'm using it now.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
My house has no garage & I wish it did. If I ever bought another house, it would have a 2 car garage and cars would get priority.
same here. Carrying the lawn mower down to the basement is no fun!
i miss a garage but i would fill it with junk to be sure

One of the best areas to invest in real estate over the past twenty years has been self-storage units. For folks without a garage or shed that is where their stuff goes. And for those who have a garage full already and need more room there you have it. Consumerism run amok, but there is an exemption for shave gear... nothing wrong with too much of that at ALL.

One of the best areas to invest in real estate over the past twenty years has been self-storage units. For folks without a garage or shed that is where their stuff goes. And for those who have a garage full already and need more room there you have it. Consumerism run amok, but there is an exemption for shave gear... nothing wrong with too much of that at ALL.
You sound like a guy that sells shaving supplies..

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

I’ve always used my garage for my vehicles. They stay cleaner and last longer out of the elements. My lady and I bought a house together last fall and combined households including her dear mother. This house has a 2 car attached garage and a 3 car detached garage. Our cars have been outside since we moved in, lol. Im working on the 2 car attached to empty it out with the exception of some tools, refrigerator and freezer. The rest is either going to find a new home or going to the 3 car garage. I’m hoping to organize the 3 car garage to one bay for storage and the other 2 for man stuff like smoking cigars and a workshop. Wish me luck, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom