What's new

Brotherhood of the Open Comb

Today's OC Shave:

proxy.php
that is one groovy looking brush

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Had a really near O/C slant land last night. It's a Valencia 501A by Leresche. Loaded up a fresh Feather and it is soooo smooth and efficient! I like it a LOT!

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSCF0006 - Edited.jpg

In memory of my grandfather
Spanish American War Veteran who died in the 1918 influenza pandemic
Gillette ball end NEW LC gold / Feather (1) / Vulfix 1016 Pure Badger / Fine Fresh Vetiver in vintage mug

Last edited:
Please accept this as my humble submission to join the BOTOC. I picked up a vintage ball end Gillette NEW at a local antique store for $4. It wasn't much to look at when I first bought it, as the gold wash had mostly worn off over the years and the brass underneath had turned to dark brown, but with a bit of polish and some TLC, it shined up very nicely and has quickly become the best razor that I own; giving closer, BBS shaves nearly every time I use it. It outperforms every other razor I own, and I own quite a few. The Gillette is my only open comb, however, and I don't know whether to attribute its fine shaving qualities to the fact that it is an OC, but if every OC razor shaves nearly as well as this old fellow, then I am an OC fan for life.

Attachments

• Gillette.jpg
    Gillette.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 11
proxy.php

So my good friend KeenDogg shared this wonderful razor with me. Let me say, this LC New is S-M-O-O-T-H! I've never been one for light razors but this baby has me rethinking that. This is the first razor that has allowed me to go XTG on the philtrum. Today's shave was merely a DFS to try this out. Wow! Thanks Adam for sharing this with me. I look forward to a few more days with this beauty!

D736E7CC-95FB-4D68-A46C-6E1E9CA91319.jpeg

Karve OC-C, Bic(1), Omega 11047 mixed midget, Cella.
Fast, efficient late night shave, holding up well this morning.
Not everyone likes the Bic, but this one did a great job for me.

Top Bottom