What's new

New Wolf Whiskers

First, thank you to the community here for all of the valuable information, opinions, stories, and photos.

As I have been swimming in deeper waters with purchasing and experimenting with various razors, blades, soaps, splashes, etc. I have recently been focused on brushes. Seeing the amazing brushes that Peter at Wolf Whiskers has made, I began my journey by trying to get onto the coveted waiting list. After several failed attempts I was able to get a spot and from there patiently waited until my number came up.

As I am sure many of you know when going with a custom brush of this kind there are many options and decisions that need to be made. Handle shape and color (of which there are a seemingly endless number of options) as well as knot type, shape, etc. all must be considered.

Looking at the WW website I saw a large number of previously made brushes that struck my fancy. I narrowed down my focus on a more modern shape (interrobang) as well as a color that was in the green category however I wanted something "special" to make it mine.

With regard to the knot, I knew that if I was going custom that I wanted a natural one. While that limited my options there was still a myriad of choices. My research led me to Shavemac silvertip badger knots. I focused in on a 54mm/26mm Silvertip 2-band bulb shaped knot.

There were a number of logistical issues procuring this knot but in the end, it all came together. I received my completed brush this week and could not be happier with the final product. The knot was pretty narrow prior to use but it has bloomed nicely since cleaning and using it. A few pictures below:

IMG_1538.jpeg
IMG_1541.jpeg
IMG_1547.jpeg
IMG_1550.jpeg
IMG_1551.jpeg

I met Peter at the recent Maggard meetup. He seems to be a really nice guy and an amazing craftsman. Your brush is a good example of his artwork.

Thanks all for the kind comments - had a great lather this morning with Wholly Kaw donkey milk soap and a two-pass BBS with my SS Timeless .95 scalloped and a Shark blade. I found the brush dense and cushioning but with plenty of backbone for lathering. The handle is substantial and provides great grip and control.

-andrew

That is a beautiful brush! Seeing it really has me excited, as I just got on the waiting list at 1:38am! I set my alarm, woke up, and hit the refresh button and the list was open.

Top Bottom