What's new

Grooming Dept club

I didn't see this thread so I created my own. This product is great. I have only used one razor after getting a sample from GD. One additional benefit: I am getting more shaves with the blade. So far I am on my 10th shave on a GEM PTFE which is a few more than I usually get.

No worries brother. Not a problem at all for me. The more threads, the better. And yes blade life is a potential residual benefit. I have also experienced an extra shave or two from my blades as well....

Happy shaves....:shaving:

I tried the Cedarwood and Lime pre shave, but it didn’t agree with my skin. Not a visible reaction, but my face was very itchy after a few days use, so I sent it on down the line. I’m going to try the unscented at some point. Hopefully it was something in the fragrance that didn’t agree with me, as it is a quality product.

Hi Ackvil, I know you are a fan of Cerave as preshave. That has been such a benefit to me, thank you for sharing that. Would you say the results here are similar, or is the GD product a whole other level?

Thanks in advance, JM

Hi Ackvil, I know you are a fan of Cerave as preshave. That has been such a benefit to me, thank you for sharing that. Would you say the results here are similar, or is the GD product a whole other level?

Thanks in advance, JM

I use CeraVe as a moisturizer and apply it at night before retiring. CeraVe keeps my 77-year old skin soft and repairs any damage done during the day including shaving. GD pre-shave is to make the shave go smoother. It acts as a lubricant making the razor glide over my skin and minimizes or eliminates any irritation.

Hope this helps.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I use CeraVe as a moisturizer and apply it at night before retiring. CeraVe keeps my 77-year old skin soft and repairs any damage done during the day including shaving. GD pre-shave is to make the shave go smoother. It acts as a lubricant making the razor glide over my skin and minimizes or eliminates any irritation.

Hope this helps.
+1 on CeraVe. I follow the same nightly regimen for the same great results, and I'm 72. Excellent stuff!

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I was hoping that GD had ironed out the wrinkles by now and that the drama was in the past. Nope. Rec’d this today:

Greetings,

I'm sorry for the delay in shipping your orders. I have made a great deal more soap than I usually make and I have received quite a bit more orders than I usually get on a release. The response has been overwhelming. Thank you, I'm grateful for your business.

I have run out of space to process orders, but I'm making progress, since Monday, I have been going to USPS 3 times a day. I will fully catch with all orders on Friday June 21.

Thank you for understanding. I hope you enjoy the soaps once they arrive.

Best,
Mohammad Abed.

I was hoping that GD had ironed out the wrinkles by now and that the drama was in the past. Nope. Rec’d this today:

Greetings,

I'm sorry for the delay in shipping your orders. I have made a great deal more soap than I usually make and I have received quite a bit more orders than I usually get on a release. The response has been overwhelming. Thank you, I'm grateful for your business.

I have run out of space to process orders, but I'm making progress, since Monday, I have been going to USPS 3 times a day. I will fully catch with all orders on Friday June 21.

Thank you for understanding. I hope you enjoy the soaps once they arrive.

Best,
Mohammad Abed.
This one irritated me more than the previous problems. Particularly, he's had several weeks to plan ahead as to how he would handle this. He listed all of the soaps for weeks, hit up social media, and yet he still still didn't have a plan for how he'd arrange to have these sent out timely? It's not like his stock was immediately purchased and he had to arrange to ship the soap that he had previously assumed he had weeks to sell and ship. He still has soaps listed on his site for crying out loud. I'll stick to only buying his stuff from WCS if I can help it.

I got out of the ridiculous Grooming Dept game a while back. So many excuses, so many delays, "lost shipments", so much nonsense and drama over soap! He has even has shipped out non-cured soaps on several occasions.

Oh, and newsflash, there actually are way better soaps for way less money (IMO).

I see no issues with a slow shipping time as long as it’s reasonable. He isn’t amazon or any other major seller and warehouse owner. He is a small operation still learning and growing. I for one have no issues with it. I’m not in dire need for my order and can be patient. Be happy he contacts his customers, he could have said nothing.

I see no issues with a slow shipping time as long as it’s reasonable. He isn’t amazon or any other major seller and warehouse owner. He is a small operation still learning and growing. I for one have no issues with it. I’m not in dire need for my order and can be patient. Be happy he contacts his customers, he could have said nothing.
5 days isn't the end of the world, I agree. But I'd be dollars to donuts that the reason why he sent that email is because he's gotten contacted by a bunch of people after saying nothing.

it’s been four postal days. Saturday (minimal manning at post office), Sunday (no one there), Monday, Tuesday and today. If people are emailing and complaining that their item hasn’t shipped, then they need to learn some patients.

Yes, he had time to prepare, but that doesn’t mean that he is able to package and ship hundreds of orders within a couple days. He still has to pick the orders, package them, label them, take them to the post office, and still work on stock for his store. No matter how much someone prepares it still might not help if you get a more overwhelming response then you expected.

I appreciated the message. What’s the big deal? It’s a one man shop. Deal with it. I have plenty of other stuff to use in the meantime.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
It’s not a ‘big deal’ ... but after the last big rollout (and resulting drama), Mo advised everyone that he hired someone to do his shipping, and that we should expect no further problems. Now I guess he’s back to doing it himself again. Managing expectations is not Mo’s strength.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I could care less but only because I'm already set + I've found Mo to be a really nice guy, and a very straight shooter who's gone out of his way to make sure I was satisfied with his products. The only other vendor I've dealt with that has the kind of customer service he has is Connaught. They're not trying to create new soaps and such and they've been around longer.

Seems obvious to me that people like different things so I wouldn't expect everyone to prefer any particular soap. There sure are a lot of gentlemen willing to put up with Grooming Dept Growing Pains in order to get Mo's soaps. I'm one of them. Once I tried a GD soap (a member "forced" me to try on by sending me a very generous sample), I was hooked.

If I didn't already have a "few" Grooming Dept soaps I'd been more concerned and have less patience.

Better soap for less money? Not according to me. Of course, I've not tried every soap in the world. Like most of us I've tried five or six.

proxy.php

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom